Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, if those two little black ones are brown in the sun, it's possible they will clear to blue later. Or, they are just a "bad black".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if those two little black ones are brown in the sun, it's possible they will clear to blue later. Or, they are just a "bad black".
oh my, so how long do I need to wait till I could see exactly what color they are?

what about the other two? are they sable? or ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Blues can take up to 24 months to clear. If they are silver, at 8 weeks, when their faces are shaved, the face would be a very distinct silver. I don't know about a sable poodle. I prefer the solid colors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blues can take up to 24 months to clear. If they are silver, at 8 weeks, when their faces are shaved, the face would be a very distinct silver. I don't know about a sable poodle. I prefer the solid colors.
oh, then they definitely not gonna be silver,
they are now 2 months+
which means 8 weeks

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh my goodness they are adorable!!!

The first one might be sable or maybe brindle....I am not 100% but they are gorgeous when they clear. I think so anyway.

The second one appears black with white under the paws and possibly stomach......might be blue but likely one of the two. :)

TOO CUTE - I love their sweet faces!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my goodness they are adorable!!!

The first one might be sable or maybe brindle....I am not 100% but they are gorgeous when they clear. I think so anyway.

The second one appears black with white under the paws and possibly stomach......might be blue but likely one of the two. :)

TOO CUTE - I love their sweet faces!
yes they are indeed lovely
someone email me few days ago, regarding my first 2 puppies

he/she claim that they r mongrel
I was so mad when I read the email
This is the email I received, can't really remember everything, but here's roughly what he/she said as I could remember:

Sable is NOT the accepted colour in the Poodle breed. READ the breed standard!
This puppy is of poor quality because
it doesn't even have a cert to prove that it is indeed a purebred toy
poodle. It could be a mongrel for all I know. That puppy should be
spayed & never be used for breeding, eve. Get your "pet"
dogs FIXED too because obviously they are lousy quality dogs & are
not worthy to be bred. Only top quality, titled, health tested purebred
dogs should be used for breeding. Period! End of.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
That was in a rude manner I would say, but some of it I agree with. Testing and show quality are the standard in improving the breed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was in a rude manner I would say, but some of it I agree with. Testing and show quality are the standard in improving the breed.
Yes, I do agree with that,
but He/she was being really rude.
no matter what quality they are,
they are still my precious, even though I might have to sell them, or give them to my relatives or friends.
I've been taking care of them since they were born. How could he/she say such thing? Mongrel? Both the parents are pure toy poodle which I bought from the pet shops!

But is it true about what he/she said? That sable is not the accepted colour in the Poodle breed?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Solid colors are preferred with no mismarks (white markings) sable is not the "preferred" or "qualified" color but neither are Parti's, Brindle and Phantoms.

Was the breeding an accident?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Solid colors are preferred with no mismarks (white markings) sable is not the "preferred" or "qualified" color but neither are Parti's, Brindle and Phantoms.

Was the breeding an accident?
yeah, I wasn't around when my baby is on heat, was on holiday at somewhere else,
& my family didn't know, they put them together
so, I get these 4 puppies after 2 mths
My friends offered, to buy them from me, they like the puppies
am still considering, whether to keep or sell to them.
I'm also curious about their color, so here I am. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts