Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new here. Here is my sweet girl Macy. Apparently she was born chocolate, then turned mostly gray. I adopted her when she was 3 as her third owner. She was born July 10, 2005. Her favorite things are: swimming, kayaking, and playing. She is not the "diva" poodle She loves to get muddy and dirty. Silly girl. She's halfway to 16! She's pretty much blind in her right eye, and her left eye is slightly cloudy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Definitely not a diva but what a sweetheart of a poodle. Thank you for giving her such a wonderful home.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Welcome - your poodle is a lovely color - so good of you to take on three year old.

·
Registered
637 Posts
She is so cute! Do you also have a greyhound, or is that somebody else's dog? What a cute duo :)

She totally has a smirk in the last photo 😂

Reactions: xoxomisslee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new here. Here is my sweet girl Macy. Apparently she was born chocolate, then turned mostly gray. I adopted her when she was 3 as her third owner. She was born July 10, 2005. Her favorite things are: swimming, kayaking, and playing. She is not the "diva" poodle She loves to get muddy and dirty. Silly girl. She's halfway to 16! She's pretty much blind in her right eye, and her left eye is slightly cloudy.

She looks very sweet! I'm wondering how to know that a dog won't jump off a boat, into the water. Is it instinct that prevents them, or does that have to be taught?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She looks very sweet! I'm wondering how to know that a dog won't jump off a boat, into the water. Is it instinct that prevents them, or does that have to be taught?
I'm not sure. It's her favorite place to be though. She has never jumped off unless there's someone on shore that is calling for her. And she'll swim to them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
oh, oops. A skinny great dane resembles a grey, I guess.. LOL

Reactions: xoxomisslee

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
We take our poodles boating too. It's adorable when they have German trims. Their ears stick out like wings as they stand up front facing into the wind. People make fun of me for making the dogs wear life jackets. I figure it's easier to find an orange or yellow clad dog bobbing in dark water, and the handles make it easier to get the dog back into the boat. Luckily mine have only gone in off the dock.

·
Registered
41 Posts

What a wonderful life you are giving her! Blessed pup! And God bless you and your family for having adopted a senior!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is not instinctual. I had a poodle that we took kayaking with us. When my husband took her into his kayak, she decided she wanted to be back in mine and thought she could just walk over to me. Boy was she surprised! Luckily she had a life jacket on and he caught her right away. Next time I would definitely introduce her to the water at the shoreline so she knew what it was like to be in water when she wouldn't sink 😁

1 - 19 of 19 Posts