Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,958 Posts
Welcome to PF. I understand that sometimes it just takes time to be ready to take the dive again. I am in the east so I can't help too much other than to suggest contacting Mary Olund who is the PCA breeder referral contact for the western US. I hope you find a lovely new fur kid.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Glad you have joined us! Hope you find the puppy that is just right for you! Lots of recommendations in past threads and I'm sure some members will chime in!

Reactions: Robin99

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Welcome - hope that you will find the perfect poodle for you. Keep us posted on your search.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your little guy. I'm sure you'll find another who will make you happy.

I have not yet had a poodle, but it keeps warming my heart to see so many poodle owners returning to the same breed for their next pup. It makes me feel so confident in our decision to get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had poodles growing up and they are my favorite! We had a lovely Golden Retriever and then had the opportunity to adopt our little black miniature poodle, Nicodemus over 10 years ago. They were great friends and such good family dogs. We lost our Golden to cancer about 7 years ago and then Nicodemus to an autoimmune attack last year. My husband only liked large breeds until we got Nick and now he only wants another poodle. They are so smart and make great companions!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Wishing you well on your Mpoo search, and welcome. I've learned here the Miniature variety is the hardest to find, so patience is good. Also there are some Colorado breeders who are really greeders out there, so if you can, consider looking to Texas at Welcome to Donnchada Poodles!, for example. Or Nevada, to Ash's Poodles and Poodle Puppies - Standards, Miniatures and Toys | Ash's Mystical Poodles Breeders | Las Vegas, NV . California has Clarion Clarion Poodles - Miniature & Toy Poodle Breeders .

Just a few examples of exceptional breeders :).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
James Johnson lives in Colorado Springs and raises miniature poodles. The best way to contact him is on Facebook.

My minipoo is from Betty Brown, Donnchada poodles. She lives northeast of Houston. She is a professional handler, so she travels to Colorado and New Mexico for shows quite often.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I can’t help about poodle breeders or rescues myself, but my best friend lives there and I’ll ask her if she knows of any. I think it’s great you’re ready for another poodle. I know when mine passed in 1992, while I did have dogs after 5 years, I didn’t get my next one until 2013. I’m happy for you that you dont have to wait so long to feel ready for another. And as much as yours awed you, the new one will probably keep you in awe just as much if nit a little more. Great luck and fun in your quest. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts