Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our kitchen was ruined with water damage, we had some leftover cabinets that weren't damaged. My husband made them into a grooming center for me in the basement. He made it different levels so that it would be easy to reach different parts of him without killing my back! I love it and it was almost free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Awesome! The different levels I believe will for sure
come in handy for grooming different areas as you stated!
It looks great, have you got a chance to try your poo
out on it yet? :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried it yet. Right now we're just practicing on getting on and off. I plan to do some brushing tomorrow. He hates the bathing and drying so much I want to get him used to it first. I'm using the ramp that came with the Booster Bath. Works well.

I plan to print some big black and white dog pictures to put on the wall behind it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow! I am thinking my uncle-in-law said something about having some Kitchen cabinets left over, he got some new ones...wonder if I could get hubby to set me something like that up!

I am a bit over 5 foot tall so reaching up to do grooming is getting harder on my back! I hate to spring for a grooming table, but I thought I was going to have to...maybe I can do this instead!

GREAT idea and gift from your guy!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ugh, I sit in the bathroom floor and brush and blow dry Baxter. I would LOVE a set up like that. My poor back aches for hours after I finish with him, and I don't even clip him. lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty lucky that he is so handy and loves a project. It as a pain in the @ss to live w/o a kitchen for 3.5 months but I knew there was a silver lining. Only the lower ones were damaged but darn it they don't make the old style anymore. We just had to update them : )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey neat idea for grooming! I was curious maybe its been answered and i didnt read it but what is the top of the cabinets covered with?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Love the different levels, Great Idea!!!!

And to all you ladies wanting your hubby's to do this for you, Do it yourself!!! I used to wait around for my dh to do projects for me, got tired of it. Now I do most of the projects around the house. I have even learned to tile and run a wet saw, my favorite tool. I have drywalled and laid all kinds of floors (except hardwood), I even completely gutted a bathroom and rebuilt it (did make hubby do the plumbing, I don't do plumbing! That has the potential to get gross:). I have my own tools that hubby isn't allowed to touch:) I just ask questions and look things up online if I don't know how to do it. So unless you have a major physical disability, grab a level and drill and get to it. You can do it!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam I am: I totally agree! In my case, he's really good at this stuff and happens to be the one not working right now. The top part is plywood covered with some kind of flexible plastic/rubber carpet runner. It was cheap, and has ridges so not too slippery and makes for easy cleanup. He also mounted power strips for easy access.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
what a clever idea! and it looks so nice and neat! I groom on the crate in the porch/dining room. I wish I had a separate place too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts