Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for allowing me to come talk poodles. I have 2 black Standards, a Dobe and Aussie.

Mary

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum marywillow. Hope to see more pictures of your pack. They are very handsome indeed!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
marywillow, Welcome to this poodle forum, I too am sure that you will enjoy it here, as we all do. Very informative and a whole lot of fun too. Nice looking fur babies that you have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have enjoyed browsing through the forums and reading some great information.
Thank you all for the welcome.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
SO SO sweet~ lovely dogs! I am from PA originally. My parents have gotten a ton of snow~

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I take my Poodles to Knobels' Amusement park and bushkill falls, they always cause a stir.
Magilla is 2 and Echo is 1.

Mary

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey where's Loki? I also have an Aussie - Hoot. My standard Jackson just loves him and does anything Hoot does. Good thing Hoot is very well behaved (most of the time).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loki my Aussie :)

Loki adopted me when I worked for a shelter. He is blind/deaf and considered a homogenous merle. He's an amazing dog, has taught me so much, he never lets obstacles get in his way, he just finds ways around obstacles in his daily life.

I keep him in a comfort clip due to his allergies. He's miserable if he's long and just chews and chews until he gets hotspots. He only has one intact ear drum, and he has several problems with his eyes (Iris Colomba, Loki has a hole or depression in the iris of one eye. The Third eyelid is curled in one eye and extended in the other eye. The eyes are to small and the muscles pull them inward so he appears to be cross-eyed).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am starting to believe I am a HOARDER of poodles. It starts innocently enough. You buy your first one. Mine was a black female. A Year later I bought a silver male. His breeder liked me and trusted me to raise one of her parti's that needed brought into a stable home. So now I'm up to 3 in 3 years. Accidentally at 11 months he sired a litter with the black female and we kept a parti female out of that 1st litter. Then a year later, a customer didn't want a little "cockapoo type fuzzball dog" so I took him in temporarily till I could find him a real nice home I ended up keeping him and I believe he's a westie-poo. Then I saw an add at a hardware store with a white female standard needing a home because the people wanted to sell her and get money for xmas presents. So I took her. Then about a year later, another friend had one last toy poodle male puppy left and convinced me that toys are so much easier to keep than standards....so I brought HIM home. OH and my 1st orginal dog is now 20 years old...she's a shih-poo mixed with a beagle. She is incredibly healthy and vibrant. All my dogs are healthy with white teeth and busy active lives. I can't imagine life without them. I am a groomer in Western PA and I use different dogs in competitions and also in obedience classes. My daughter is a certified master FELINE groomer....I only work on dogs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The parti in your profile picture is adorable. I'd love to have a parti one day, but that is long down the road.

Do you compete in Hershey or Intergroom? One of these days I want to compete, but I have cold feet.

Mary

1 - 19 of 19 Posts