Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boutique next to my shop brought these in today. They're called Shoo Tags. The concept is that they work with the body's electric field to create a barrier. They make them for dogs, people, horses...any warm blooded animal I guess. They look like a grocery savings card or credit card. The one for the people is the size of a credit card. Dogs is more the size of the key chain cards.

They have different tags for mosquitoes, no-see-ums, fleas and ticks. I have heard how well the people ones work. I got one for Glader and my self. We'll see.

Has anybody else heard of them?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yes, they look cool, however I am skeptical. They are fairly expensive for me with 7 dogs however they have zero side effects. Advantix is also expennsive with shadowy toxic side effects for many. PLEAZE tell us how you think it stacks up

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I would love to hear from someone who has used them and can give us some feedback. I would love something that is non-toxic if it is also reliable.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****update****

Ok, the results from this weekend are pretty good.

My sisters (as you can see in some of the pics in my other post) is nothing but weeds and woods. Lots of ticks. Her dogs are covered, my dogs none. I did pull one off Glader's tummy, but it was not latched on. I think it probably got on him from all the wrestling, because Gandolf had plenty. But still 1 tick when the other dogs were covered. Not bad in my book.

No fleas at all. Reece is worse about getting fleas than the rest of my gang. She had some when I put it on her, she has none now. None of my dogs have had any flea treatments since last summer. So there's no chance that something else is still working.

I have had on the one for people since last Wed. I am a bug magnet. If it bites it finds me. I am usually miserable outside this time of year. I spent all weekend out with my nephews and they were covered with bites. I didn't get bit ONCE!!!

I was very skeptical, but so far I have nothing but good things to say.

The downsides are...

1. Tag (s) must be worn 24-7. People and dogs. They say 75% of the time and no less.

2. If the tag gets damaged it no longer works.

3. People tag is the size of a credit card and little bulky to wear all the time. But can be worn as a necklace, in a pocket, etc. As long as it is on the body. You must sleep with it on or under your pillow.

Dogs tags are very reasonably sized. They are waterproof, and must be kept clean.

I really like them. No more flea meds for my guys. I'll let you know if I notice any changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts