Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some new features and / or sections you would like to see here on Poodle Forum :) ?

-Todd

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You could have a subforum one for Grooming, one for Health issues and maybe Nutrition, one for Training questions and tips. Maybe a Non-Poodle section to talk about random life happenings but nothing political or religious and those are often topics that turn into arguments ;)

I'll edit if I think of any more.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think an off-topic forum would be spectacular! And the other suggestions may be worth it too. It seems grooming is getting popular, maybe a grooming and health :) Time to count threads.

Keep the ideas rolling :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ooo yeah, avatars and even signatures would be nice. With guidelines on how big they can bee to keep it dial up friendly not too overbearing.

Maybe avatars being 90x90 pixels and sigs being 500x300 pixels.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Avatars should work now I enabled them a couple days ago... my fault I didn't have them setup when I installed the forum :D Signatures will be in the works:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hey what about adding another section for people with Poodles for sale or adoption or people looking for a Poodle?

Maybe something like "Poodle Advertisements" and "Looking For A Poodle" with a few restrictions on who can post and no links of inappropriate images or websites etc..

Just a thought to keep some of the boards cleaner and not letting those threads get lost on others.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey what about adding another section for people with Poodles for sale or adoption or people looking for a Poodle?

Maybe something like "Poodle Advertisements" and "Looking For A Poodle" with a few restrictions on who can post and no links of inappropriate images or websites etc..

Just a thought to keep some of the boards cleaner and not letting those threads get lost on others.
I think that would be a good idea, maybe attract some businesses to list their poodles for sale / adoption too.

I`ll work o nit soon.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A thread is a list of posts about the same topic, like a conversation. For example, this is the "New Features For This Site" thread.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I had been a member of purebredpuppy for awhile when we showed Amstaffs. Its a bully dog forum but they have things like Sir Brag a lot which is for show news. I think soon there may be some member's from here showing dogs soon. We could post show news and show pics there possibly.

Another thing that was kind of nice that if someone gets into a spiff there is a seperate section for that kind of talk. I think on the bully site it's called Bull and Bark. lol Its interesting but good so that any confilict's can be taken there.

Well just a couple of suggestions. I really do like the site now but would love to see some add on's. The classified listing idea sounds great too.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I like Sivaro's idea's for more topics. Sometimes there is not much new going on. (like now) lol

I think if we get more topics going it will bring more people. This forum layout is great and user friendly ... it just need's more people and topics.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hey Todd, you know I think it would be a good Idea to keep these spammers away is verification before being aloud to post. I know with a lot of forums you have to be sent an email before you can log in/post. I'll post this in the other thread just you won't miss it.

Are there any other mods?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Todd, you know I think it would be a good Idea to keep these spammers away is verification before being aloud to post. I know with a lot of forums you have to be sent an email before you can log in/post. I'll post this in the other thread just you won't miss it.

Are there any other mods?
We have around 3 mods, and there is e-mail verification, as well as another one.

I am checking into adding more too :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes well Todd, you really need to do something about the spam. Got a major Trojan from this forum last night cause I didnt realise the site that was put on was a virus. Now my computer keeps crashing and I cant do anything cause it crashes while trying to get rid of the virus. This is the third time I have seen these hackers/spammers come on here. Not a usual thing of a forum. We need protection here. Till then, you wont see me much cause I have been trying to get rid of this thing for 14 hrs.

No Im not happy. :mad:

·
Registered
163 Posts
As someone who moderates an active forum, I can sympathize with Todd in that it is VERY difficult to combat these folks. I think he is doing an excellent job at keeping spam and unwanted posts off these boards. Usually whatever I've reported is gone by the time I come back to read the replies to something I've written.

Something that people might not realize is that the people who are posting ads, spam, and viruses, these guys are professionals. They spend their day avoiding being caught and keeping their posts on websites as long as possible. It can be very difficult keeping these guys away. It is a fine line keeping these people away, without making the forum unfriendly and difficult for those that simply want to participate but might not be tech savvy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts