Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The third report from the FDA on DCM has come out........Google; 'Fda Investigation into Potential Link Between Certain Diets and Canine Dilated
Cardiomyopathy'

There are charts that even name the food brands and proteins involved .....:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,379 Posts

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Yes, thanks for posting.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
296 Posts
We had just switched foods b/c the vet wanted us to avoid anything with a lot of legume-based proteins, and Cleo was on a grain-free kibble that had lentils, peas, etc. The new food is not grain-free but still contains peas, though a lot less than the old food. Seems like we may have to switch again before long.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Thank you so, so much, Molly MuiMa. Regretfully, I am working on a food change for Oliver. After several years of trying foods and finally finding one which works perfectly for his stomach/digestion, I'm going to have to leave it. It's not on the list, but probably only because it's a less popular line. It's a salmon/chickpea kibble.

I'm mixing in Purina Focus Salmon kibble for sensitive stomachs, and it's going okaaayyyyish. Extra slow change as I started out with a bit too high a percentage of the Purina and it showed. He still gets some homecooked with brekkie.

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts