Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love wide collars. I love leather collars. I’ve been on the hunt for a nice wide, lightly padded black leather collar for quite awhile and finally found this one on Amazon. I love it and he almost seemed excited himself! Do you think poodles actually know when they get something awesome to wear? 😉
It fits perfectly. Bobby has a long neck and we keep his hair short so this collar is just perfect! It will only be used for walking as we keep him collarless at home. Just wanting to share the the handsomeness. 😊

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Looks great! I like the wide collars on a poodle too. I am sure they know when they look smart in a new collar. They love to look their best. I also like leather collars. I'm currently waiting on a new breakaway leather collar to keep on Misha since we walk with harness.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It was really hard to find a simple padded wide leather collar that fit. I’ve been looking for several months. I specifically wanted a two inch. I have a lovely 2” martingale but it’s soft so he still pulls a bit more than I want him to. I’ve tried the thinner ones but didn’t like them. I have a collar collection.😂 Pet stores basically sell only nylon collars and their wide ones are for the really big dogs. Hard to find any good leather collar in a pet store. Online the 2” collars are more the nylon tactical collars, tons of leather
spiked collars😳 and of course the cloth martingale collars. I was thrilled to find this collar. He walks very well in it. He got silly last night and did his jumpy thing in the middle of the walk and the collar was wonderful. Excellent control but not hard on his neck. He’s very responsive wearing it. I like that the wide ones distribute the pressure better. He walks quite well but we are still training so he forgets himself sometimes. 😉 I am a shorter older woman so really need good control and I really want him to be able to walk nicely with a flat collar and have been working very hard to that end. We are pretty much there except for super high distraction situations. I have a great harness for that.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Very nice collar - looks like it's well made.

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is! The inside is smooth leather too so it slides really nicely which will be kind to his curls.😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts