Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby and I both use dSLRs but sometimes it's a pain to lug all that equipment around. At the beginning of the month I went home for my mom's 80th birthday and stayed behind for some meetings with clients and it's quite cumbersome to travel with a laptop, a camera backpack and luggage.

Enter the Boxing Day sale flyers and what looked like a great deal on a point and shoot that I can use when it's not convenient to take the 'real' camera with me :wink:

Here's a picture I took of Murphy last night. The image quality looks pretty good to me. And one of Bodger enjoying one of the Christmas morning sanity savers (really big bully sticks!).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Beautiful dogs and very good picture quality. I know exactly what you talking about traveling with all the technology toys. Thanks God I always travel with my husband so we can share.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What kind of camera is it? I've been wanting a new camera because the little point and shoot that I have now is slightly tempermental at times. I got soooo spoiled with my HP camera I can't find anything that I've tried so far that compares. Sure wish the company hadn't decided to stop making cameras. Somebody broke mine at my wedding so now it won't focus :( Been on the lookout for a used one in good condition on ebay to replace it but so far no luck at a price I'm willing to pay for something used.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of camera is it? I've been wanting a new camera because the little point and shoot that I have now is slightly tempermental at times. I got soooo spoiled with my HP camera I can't find anything that I've tried so far that compares. Sure wish the company hadn't decided to stop making cameras. Somebody broke mine at my wedding so now it won't focus :( Been on the lookout for a used one in good condition on ebay to replace it but so far no luck at a price I'm willing to pay for something used.

It's an Olympus Stylus 9000. 12 megapixel with a 10x optical zoom. It was the optical zoom that really interested me. There are 12 megapixel cameras for half the price, but they only have 3 or 5x optical zoom. This one also has a feature that does cropping as well as the optical zoom so you can get what looks even closer without losing image quality. Haven't tried that out yet.

It takes videos, but I don't think they're going to be anything to rave about. It also does the face detection, somehow fixes shadows and has lots of different scene modes. Quite a lot of features packed into a little $200 camera! For us, that was a savings of $100 off the regular price. You might be able to find it for less, but a quick search of amazon.com and bhphoto.com shows they have the same price. Not sure if that's a sale price or the regular. These things do tend to be more expensive here in Canada.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Your bet. terrier pup is SO cute! It looks like his tearing has cleared up a lot! We would love to see more pictures of both your pups! ^^

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your bet. terrier pup is SO cute! It looks like his tearing has cleared up a lot! We would love to see more pictures of both your pups! ^^
Yes, Fluffyspoos, it seems the breeder was right and the tear staining was due to teething. In fact, his teething ended only recently and I can see with his last clip that the new hair isn't tear stained. So he won't have those racoon eyes forever!

Here's a picture of him enjoying a sunbeam on Christmas eve day and one of Murphy camping this summer - proving you don't have to look rough to be a camping dog. Of course, I'm not showing the pictures of what she looked like at the END of the weekend :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
love it!!

And *that* is the reason that I chose my camera; I LOVE manual controls and a GOOD zoom (10x+) but even my old camera was just a tad bulky for my liking; I like to have my camera with me anywhere and everywhere I can. I suggest you do some research online, there's loads of review sites, take it all with a pinch of salt of course, but you can get a good general idea of various cameras by reading reviews. The 'style' I went for is classed as a 'compact ultra zoom' for anyone wanting to hunt through some online. We don't have all the same options as you guys have overseas, but from what I could find, my wee camera [Canon PowerShot SX120IS] was down on some things, but had the better image quality than others, which is why i ended up going for it. That, and the price was right! lol.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Those are good quality images for a point and shoot; especially the close-up images. That often show problems if there are any. The detail is good and they show no signs of being blown out. Did you use a flash? Love them; very pretty dogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts