Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you all know, I have made my decsion and Blue boy from Winnow's litter is going to become a Canadian!!!! I am so excited. He looks to be a sweet. loving soul, and I am hoping he adds to the breeding plans at Arreau. It has been a pleasure and delight to get to know Winnow and we are hoping she will one day be coming for a visit to meet us and see her baby. Trillium and I will co-own him, and he will be one of our hopes for the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Congrats! When will you be getting your new boy?

Any names your considering?

BTW -I LOVE BLUE!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Will you have him by the time we come to visit??? I want to meet him (after I meet YOU and BRUCE and HOLLY, of course!!!) :) Congratulations on the new furbaby!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The kids are soooo excited and are were asking this morning if we could go and see him today. I had to explain about him being in another country across an ocean in fact. Of course they are sure that you (and the puppy) need to visit soon. Katie wants you to bring Holly too.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He can come any day, if Winnow is able to find someone who will bring him in the cabin with them. Otherwise he cannot come via cargo until he is twelve weeks old- in three weeks and a bit. THAT will drive me CRAZY!!! Now I know how everyone else feels!!! I WANT HIM NOW!!! So Plum, you will get to meet him when you come!!

I am thinking of names, so if anyone wants to give suggestions, I will be all over that. I would love to name him something related to Iceland, and I generally prefer names that begin with a vowel. I find they sound softer. Right now I am thinking Quincy even though it doesn't start with a vowel, because he will be the fifth dog here, and quint means five.

OMG!!! I am crawling out of my skin with excitement.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kids are soooo excited and are were asking this morning if we could go and see him today. I had to explain about him being in another country across an ocean in fact. Of course they are sure that you (and the puppy) need to visit soon. Katie wants you to bring Holly too.
We will definately bring the little fellow over to meet you all. I can imagine the kids are nearly as excited as me!! MAYBE!!! Holly is a big negative because we will just let the wee guy get to know everyone first!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
So excited that I had to google that for you.

Icelandic names

Added: Gunnar is a good one for a dog.

I love Héðinn too, but I wouldn't have the first idea of how to pronounce it. Winnow - help? LOL Is it like 'ewan'?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
We will definately bring the little fellow over to meet you all. I can imagine the kids are nearly as excited as me!! MAYBE!!! Holly is a big negative because we will just let the wee guy get to know everyone first!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if you bring the puppy Katie might forgive you for not bringing Holly. Though I'm sure that they won't want to let you go home again with that little guy. He is so cute. Dan is now not sure if he wants a red poodle when he grows up or a black one. lol

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Aww I'm glad you went with him. If I were you, I would do a theme with him and if you use him in your breeding program, pups out of him go along with that theme. So you'd have to take some time to come up with something that could be continued in different letters for a while.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I like the idea of just calling pups by their collar color (Blue Boy, Green Girl, etc.). I would think a lot of people are going to change the name of their puppy once they bring it home. I've done that with every rescue cat I've brought home except for one, but her name fit her so well that I didn't feel the need to change it. The woman I bought Teddy from said she stopped naming her puppies because it made her get too attached to them when she did. So all of them were just "Puppy" when they were at their original home. LOL

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the idea of just calling pups by their collar color (Blue Boy, Green Girl, etc.). I would think a lot of people are going to change the name of their puppy once they bring it home. I've done that with every rescue cat I've brought home except for one, but her name fit her so well that I didn't feel the need to change it. The woman I bought Teddy from said she stopped naming her puppies because it made her get too attached to them when she did. So all of them were just "Puppy" when they were at their original home. LOL
We do that too, unless the people have a name chosen, then we begin calling them that to get them used to it. Now...last litter everyone had a name but purple collar, so we called her Mischief so she wasn't left out. They now call her Ginger, so hope we didn't cause an identity crisis for the poor wee girl!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So excited that I had to google that for you.

Icelandic names

Added: Gunnar is a good one for a dog.

I love Héðinn too, but I wouldn't have the first idea of how to pronounce it. Winnow - help? LOL Is it like 'ewan'?
Thank you for that Marian!! I like Valdi (there was a Canadian folk singer named Valdy whom I loved) and Stefan. That was very sweet of you!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I like the idea of just calling pups by their collar color (Blue Boy, Green Girl, etc.).
One the vets I used to work with adopted three black kittens from a little (nobody wanted them). They were Red, Blue and Green (due to their collars) and those were then names she kept for their lives! (She always kept them in color-coded collars, too!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts