Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We initially bought Jessie a Burley bike trailer, but after a few days of trying we concluded she just hated it. I think she wanted to be closer to us. So the trailer is on it's way back to Amazon and has been replaced by the K9 Pet Pilot original handlebar basket. She loves it! She just sits back and enjoys the ride. The basket comes up to her shoulders and at 11lbs she fits perfectly. No escape attempts, no whining, no theatrics! I take her on a nice long walk/jog before taking her out on the bike so she doesn't feel like she's missing out on her exercise. I'd love to bike with her running with me, but I'm too afraid I'd run her over even with a bike leash...

Next step is to get her used to her bike goggles :)

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's correct! It comes with a short safety leash fastened to the basket in 2 places that attaches to her harness. I adjusted it so she has enough room to stand or sit but not to jump out. She can put her front paws over the basket if she wants, but that's as far as she could go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I am sure she is loving her new ride!!! Wish I could do this with my baby. Do they have baskets big enough for a 50lb dog? LOL

So jealous! Enjoy your bike rides!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts