Poodle Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
422 Posts
A cat collar might be your best bet for a toy poodle puppy. I really do not like harnesses - a harness is for pulling!
the harness I suggested specifically doesn’t activate the opposition reflex and Tekno learned how to walk beside me with lots of reinforcement so he doesn’t pull very often. I know that’s not every dog but just wanted to insert the 2 cents off not every harness encourages pulling (though most do)

http://instagr.am/p/CQUZJw7BmrL/
Can you sew this harness to fit by taking a tuck in it with needle and thread?

I have the brilliant K9 harness. If you buy one, do not get it with the quick release speed buckle. My minipoo figured out in 10 seconds how to release it and work her way out of the harness.
oh yeah when I bought Tekno’s I saw that quick release and laughed out loud. They should put a note that says “not for poodles” 😂

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Aww, adorable picture! We had the same challenge when Austen was little. We bought an adjustable harness at PetSmart that looked cute but wasn't very secure - fine for class or a fenced-in area, but we didn't trust it for walks.

Austen also grew really fast as a puppy. If Tuck follows that pattern, it won't be long before he outgrows the cat harness :)
Yes I’m hoping he’ll grow into a regular size XS soon, fingers crossed. Your guy is from LeeAnn too right? I wonder if they’re related at all!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the harness I suggested specifically doesn’t activate the opposition reflex and Tekno learned how to walk beside me with lots of reinforcement so he doesn’t pull very often. I know that’s not every dog but just wanted to insert the 2 cents off not every harness encourages pulling (though most do)

http://instagr.am/p/CQUZJw7BmrL/
oh yeah when I bought Tekno’s I saw that quick release and laughed out loud. They should put a note that says “not for poodles” 😂
The perfect fit harness looks like it might be a winner for us 🤞🏻

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
422 Posts
The perfect fit harness looks like it might be a winner for us 🤞🏻
The one in the video is brilliant k9 but yesh I really like perfect fit too. To me it’s the most comfortable overall and least likely to be slipped :)

Reactions: Liz

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The one in the video is brilliant k9 but yesh I really like perfect fit too. To me it’s the most comfortable overall and least likely to be slipped :)
I really like that Chilly Dogs helps make sure you buy the right size too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I’m hoping he’ll grow into a regular size XS soon, fingers crossed. Your guy is from LeeAnn too right? I wonder if they’re related at all!
Austen's Mom is Penny and his father is Duster (call name I think was Fire Angel Renegade, which is pretty epic 😆 ). LeeAnn said it was the last litter from Duster. Who is Tuck's Mom?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Austen's Mom is Penny and his father is Duster (call name I think was Fire Angel Renegade, which is pretty epic 😆 ). LeeAnn said it was the last litter from Duster. Who is Tuck's Mom?
His mom is Penny! This is her last litter. Half brothers :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Perfect Fit harnesses are really nice and has 3 parts that you can also buy individually. You can email them Tucks measurements and they will recommend the pieces you need. I did this with Winnie as I was a bit confused on what size bits to get. On their recommendation her harness really is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Perfect Fit harnesses are really nice and has 3 parts that you can also buy individually. You can email them Tucks measurements and they will recommend the pieces you need. I did this with Winnie as I was a bit confused on what size bits to get. On their recommendation her harness really is a perfect fit.
That’s exactly what I need. I’m awful at deciphering size charts and deciding a size so this is a huge help.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts