Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a beautiful poodle. He is black with a little white crest on his chest. He was 10 weeks old when we got him. He weighed 3.7 pounds. He is now 12 weeks and weighs 4.5 pounds. He is such a good dog. He has bonded so well with our family. The breeder told us he would be 6 to 7 pounds, but I believe he will be slightly larger than that.
The vet told me to use baby shampoo for his baths. Should I use conditioner as well? He doesn't like to be brushed, but he lets me do it with much complaining.
I took him to a groomer in the area, she is fantastic by the way and she gave him a cute puppy cut.
At the vets today there were dogs barking and growling at each other and Beau just sat there in my arms and watched them. He didnt get worried or anything. I was glad to see that.
I had a pom and he was so nervous around other dogs. He would claw you so bad around such situations. We lost him a few months ago. He was such a good dog. I still miss him.

Debby

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Hi Debby :welcome:

Sounds like you got a really good addition to the family!!!! Baby shampoo should be fine you can hold off on the shampoo if it's not needed... we use organic / natural stuff for our poodle it makes brushing easier, and prevents tangles after the bath.

I suggest brushing him a lot while he's young to get hmi used to it :) That way no complaining when he's older ;) ;)

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Debbyd, Welcome to the Poodle Forum. Your little fur baby is just adorable. I think baby shampoo is good to use because it will not burn his eyes. Cream rinse or conditioners do help with any mats or tangles. Have fun with your new baby. We use to raise pomeranians, a big difference in your new poodle and your pom when it comes to shedding huh? I really like the fact that poodles shed very little if at all.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Oh, He's adorable and he sounds very well adjusted in his new home. Congrats on your new little guy.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OH ya. If your not already, give the little guy a treat when he is being good when you brush him. He'll start associating positive things with being groomed. If he won't stop complaining while being brushed, see if you can get him to just lie still. If he does, give him a treat. Eventually, he will get it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Beau looks like a real cutie. Keep up on socializing him in and around all types of people and places. Also play with his feet and ears so he is used to the grooming process.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. He is a real cutie and real sweet as well. I am taking him to the groom today. I took him two weeks ago to familarize him with her. She just clipped his toe nails and shave his face and feet. But today its the works. I hope he does well.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good luck to little Beau today. Hope he does just great at the groomers. How did he do with his face/feet and toenails last time? He sure is a real cutie.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He did great today. I stayed and watched for a while but he kept whining so she had me step out for a few minutes to see if he would stop. She called me back in. She found the magic touch. He was calm the rest of the grooming. He looks so cute. I will take some more pictures later on. He looks so cute.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts