Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys this is Paisley. I think it’s time to create some shape to her topknot and take some length off. I mainly want to trim it because it’s starting to mat after we swim. I’ve always left it natural because I’m afraid to mess it up. I don’t mind to experiment with my scissors on my male (he usually stays in a shorter Mohawk). What do you guys think? Suck it up and try to trim it or leave it natural?
I’m going to trim the poms roundish either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.
I have watched a ton of topknot “how too” videos but all the poodles already have those set lines. I’m nervous about creating the lines, especially over the ears. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
She looks awesome! If you want to try trimming, i think the following video is great; the only set line you need is the shaved face which you've already done :)

Poodle Topknot

Just take a little at a time, it will grow back!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both very much for the advice! Erin123 I did watch that video along with a few (or more) others lol! And Twyla, the article was very helpful.

After I felt I was prepared enough I went for it. It is not perfect but it’s not awful so I’ll take it. I’ll probably go back over it tomorrow to get any loose things I missed. I think topknot turned out better than the poms and I have done those plenty of times before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts