Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually Noodle is home groomed because the three professional grooms she has had (3 different groomers,) wound up shaving her to the skin
because no matter how many times I ask them not to condition her, they do i,t and she becomes matted. I've even told them if she gets matted,
call me- don't shave her- I'll comb her out, but they never listen and then she has razor burn for a week that bums us both out.

So today, a groomer that I have spent the last six months developing a relationship with because his shop is on my street has her in for a full groom.
He has been doing her ears, her nails, her paws, and fixing my errors on her poof and her tail these past few months, (and he is a standard poodle owner)
but I am a nervous wreck. I can't believe how worried I am that it will not work out as well as I hope.

I tried to keep myself from going down there to check on her!
But I couldn't I popped in there and upset the whole thing, but he didn't shave her body down, he kindly asked me to leave because she was good until
I showed up :)

Still waiting for the call to go get her! I think I have separation anxiety.

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
A relationship is built on trust:) Hope Noodle gets a fantastic groom, because a groomer on your street...Buy a lottery ticket if it works out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It turned out pretty good, I wanted to try out the german cut but I wanted to keep her full tail, he did exactly what I asked for and it looks much better than it shows in pics.
But I can't get a shot with her mouth closed because she is so exhausted. It took nearly 4 hours!

20200320_192350.jpg
20200320_191533.jpg
20200320_191704.jpg

No nicks, no cuts, no razor burn- and I was waiting outside (he stayed after hours) and peeking in the windows and I caught him kissing her with every ear pluck. That was so sweet.
He said her hair was what poodle hair was supposed to be, but he rarely comes across it, and it took a lot of scissor work.
I think I'm going out for that lottery ticket now- finally a groomer I can spoil rotten. <3

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
And P.S. consider future appointments as mommy’s day out and read that page turner or binge that show you missed every season of. Used to be more self care and indulgent options B.C. Noodle looks fantastic, btw.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: townferret

·
Registered
366 Posts
At long last- - a really good groomer. I had the same problem with my standard. Two groomers I would never go back to, and a third that was fantastic, but far from home. Glad you found someone close to home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts