Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know I really don't have a major problem with my neighbors on my right side but this is becoming an issue. The older lady that lives inthe house is always asking us for SOMETHING. First it was two dollars for a cigarette, then she came over
knocking on the door to see if she could have a lighter and then there was last night...ughhh....

Me & the Poos was already cuddled up in the bed and hubby comes in the bedroom and tells me to come hither. So there is the lady standing in our living room after inviting herself in and there I am without a bra on ready for bed. So she starts asking me if she can borrow $20 for gas tomorrow
at 10:00 at night, you don't go over to someones house at 10 at night! So I tell her I don't have a penny to my name right now because I haven't got payed yet and she saunters out the door. She told my husband she wanted $5 before she talked to me...how did it go from $5 to $20?! I could of KILLED my husband, I told him next time I'm in the bed going to sleep don't come and wake me up for some nonsense like that.

First of all, I'm not letting anyone I do not know "borrow" any money I work hard for.

·
Registered
546 Posts
That's weird Mercy Moon... I know we've all been hit by hard times lately, but she is coming over at night asking for money??? I don't get it....

If someone knocks on my door late at night, I don't answer it.
If you aren't exactly friendly with this woman, I would tell her to go kick rocks.. just cuz ya'll are neighbors, doesn't mean you are friends.

Of course, there are some things to consider... if she is a little blue haired old lady who has no family, except for her cats and eats nothing but stale crackers all day... then I might be a bit more compassionate.

If she is a little old lady who thinks she can just sponge off of her neighbors... I'd tell her to get lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh dear sounds like she thinks your a mug!
i dont lend neighbours anymore ive been caught out before so i say sorry i dont borrow and i dont lend
btw i dont suppose...... hmmmmm i could borrow $20 :flute:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would be thinking this lady needs help. NO don't lend her money unless you got some to give away as you won't see it again. Does she have any relatives the come visit?
Perhaps you might want to speak to one of them and tell them what is going on it could be they have rationed her money for her and she isn't with the game plan.

This is not normal behaivour and I would not allow her in your house or property as you may find her visiting when our not home.

If she has no family you might contact your social agencies as well if things continue she may need some help

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Next time answer the door with a gun ;) hehe. Non-threatening of coarse!

I wouldn't let her in the house again... she might get some wild idea to break in and take your stuff.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hmmm, I was going to suggest a bible instead of a gun. Maybe if you try to spread the word of God it will get rid of her. (sarcasm) It sounds like she has a lot of nerve. If she's completely out gas and has no one else, then I could understand 5 or 10 dollars, but 20 sorry. And cigarettes are not a neccessity. Maybe she'd have more cash around if she quit smoking.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Next time answer the door with a gun ;) hehe. Non-threatening of coarse!

I wouldn't let her in the house again... she might get some wild idea to break in and take your stuff.

The way I learned.. anytime you pull out a weapon, be prepared to use it... to the end. :fish:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! I think she was trying to get money to get a crack rock honestly, you don't come asking for money at 10 at night, I've got bills up the ass right now so she can forget letting her borrow any money. She just screams crack head to me... :heh:

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
The way I learned.. anytime you pull out a weapon, be prepared to use it... to the end. :fish:
That's why I said non threatening, and didn't say pull it out ;) Answering with a shotgun leaning on your leg is a bit different then pulling out something when you open the door, haha :) BUT you are very right ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't lend anything to her. If you do she will ask you all the time and never repay you. I have a neighbor like that and we used to give money and never got it back. Now is he asks we say no we are broke. He does not bother us anymore.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well instead og trying to spread the work of god, you could always tell her "my lord satan said I should collect on all my debts before the following full monn" LMAO!!!!!!!!! :goat: :target: JK!!!! But I would love to be a fly on the wall if you actually did! LMAO!!!! I can just see her crack head paranoid face!!!!!!!! Sorry, I have somewhat of a weird sense of humor lol!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Well instead og trying to spread the work of god, you could always tell her "my lord satan said I should collect on all my debts before the following full monn" LMAO!!!!!!!!! :goat: :target: JK!!!! But I would love to be a fly on the wall if you actually did! LMAO!!!! I can just see her crack head paranoid face!!!!!!!! Sorry, I have somewhat of a weird sense of humor lol!
You I've seriously thought about saying that to the JWs who show up at 8am Saturday Morning. A friend of mine says answering the door butt naked did the trick, LOL! (She was in the shower when they rang the doorbell.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts