·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Adorable. I love the tail!!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too!!! Too bad AKC frowns on it they want a docked tail !
So now if I wanted to show him I think i have to dock it. So I wonder what they do with the european imports any thoughts?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh my! He is too cute. It makes me want another puppy so bad. I just love the reds. All the colors are beautiful. He looks like he has a great coat.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Alicia Thanks so much He has a great thick curly coat We are so excited about that. You have reds too ? who is your Gracie and where is she from ?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Me too!!! Too bad AKC frowns on it they want a docked tail !
So now if I wanted to show him I think i have to dock it. So I wonder what they do with the european imports any thoughts?
I think some of the imports are still shown I could be wrong. I am not sure if they are docked.

I think this is why they offer Open dog class, since any imports could not be shown in bred in America class.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno bout that ? The standard calls for a docked tail I was almost disquailified at a show once for having the wrong cut. I got Clay Cody as my jusdge and of course we knew each other from showing and he was able to get i lessened to simply judged But he with held the ribbon . so I would like to know for sure . I plan to import , and I will have to look into this .. I think I will call AKC :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chest deep and moderately wide with well sprung ribs. (b) The loin is short, broad and muscular. (c) Tail straight, set on high and carried up, docked of sufficient length to insure a balanced outline. Major fault: set low, curled, or carried over the back

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Chest deep and moderately wide with well sprung ribs. (b) The loin is short, broad and muscular. (c) Tail straight, set on high and carried up, docked of sufficient length to insure a balanced outline. Major fault: set low, curled, or carried over the back
It does not say disqualification if tail is not docked. you just probably wont be doing a lot of winning lol

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Akc said that it was up to the judges discretion ? the poodle club of America sets the standard .

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I email two different folks at the poodle club so we shall see :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I know here in New Zealand, it also says the same as in your standard, but it means preferably docked, but not necessary.
But judging by what I've heard about akc, you probably won't be doing a lot of winning with an undocked tail

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is what I am afraid of as well. No matter what she looks like :(

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am starting to understand the UKC draw ! Sad But if Akc keeps it up it makes you wonder ..

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am starting to understand the UKC draw ! Sad But if Akc keeps it up it makes you wonder ..
Yeah but in UKC getting CH is like easy , no other poodles need to show up in order to win a CH. This is why I feel if you do UKC you need to Grand them. I know every area is different it just depends how many poodles show up in your area.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is what I have been told as well not very exciting really is it . No competition that is . I am thinking about going to phoenix for UKC next month. I am hoping we have some competition ? What say you desertreef? i am starting to like it I know it sounds weird but you have to owner handle you can do sporting clip . You can have long tails on and on :(

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will always remove the dews as they can really injure themselves in the field with them but I too am loving the tail. It is so expressive! He holds that tail up like a flag ! I have a girl that I left really long that is coming along nicely as well...i will post some puppy clip pics of her this weekend
BTW I love her kleins !!! And thanks for the info I did email her !!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts