Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her is Neelix at 17 weeks . This baby boy let me trim his feet cut his nails and scissor him down, what a great temperment .. Not perfect trim but then he is still a baby . We are so proud of him...Neelix is going to a show home

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
He is very cute Bigredpoodle.

Is he going to Captivation in Sweden? Did you know their red girl is my Flynns litter sister. Have you ever seen the awesome video they have of all of their brood out on the ice? It is magnificent and she is a stunner. They ought to mae lovely babies.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Adorable!

He looks so well behaved also!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Training handling and socialization starts at birth. A poodle spends alot of time on a table so WE really do try to give them every opportunity to be there unafraid and comfortable..
By the time they leave me they have been groomed at least three times...This guy of course more than that at his age... He is darling we adore him....And of course he smiles.....Just like his mom...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
hes a gorgeous boy!!
^_^

I hope some day to have a poodle with a coat that pretty!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh wow what a pretty color!!! Love him. Such a good boy too. It's nice to hear what you do with your pups to prepare them for grooming.
Ok let me ask how big is he, weight & height?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have not weighed him since 12 weeks But I would venture to say about 20 to 25 pounds..He is probably about 16 inches at the shoulder and will be around 24 to 25 inches when grown We do not like a huge dog....
He is a husky boy. and never misses a meal for sure...But he is not fat he is very muscular, which is in fact what we breed for and intelligence of course. . We look at the muscle structure of the dog, before using them... As the muscles are what hold all the skeletal structure in place..As most of our babies go into homes where folks are active jogging, hikers or horse folks that like to take the spoo with them :)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
He is stunning! I love the pic where he looks like he's peeking around the grooming arm. Great expression! Love how black his nose is against his coat.

Kathy

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
We have not weighed him since 12 weeks But I would venture to say about 20 to 25 pounds..He is probably about 16 inches at the shoulder and will be around 24 to 25 inches when grown We do not like a huge dog....
He is a husky boy. and never misses a meal for sure...But he is not fat he is very muscular, which is in fact what we breed for and intelligence of course. . We look at the muscle structure of the dog, before using them... As the muscles are what hold all the skeletal structure in place..As most of our babies go into homes where folks are active jogging, hikers or horse folks that like to take the spoo with them :)
Oh my xDD
I measured Elphaba when we got home earlier and at 7months old shes only 17inches at the shoulder o.o
((the side effects of BYB's?))

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my xDD
I measured Elphaba when we got home earlier and at 7months old shes only 17inches at the shoulder o.o
((the side effects of BYB's?))
Not necessarily.. Every dog is different and my reds lean bit toward the smaller because that is what I prefer..I think a spoo should be under 26 inches.. So I hope and pray that they will all stay that way.. he may get a wee bit bigger than that .. Dunno yet...
Fingers crossed !

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beautiful boy... you are going to miss him! Hard to let them go after that long, I know. But he'll go on to do great things and make you proud.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful boy... you are going to miss him! Hard to let them go after that long, I know. But he'll go on to do great things and make you proud.
O M G Yes it will be VERY hard!!!! We are so in love with him.. But you are correct and it is a WONDERFUL home....

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Their plans are to show him in Conformation . But they are also very excited that his parents are genetically clear.. We are gathering up lots of (Well chewed) woobies for him, as well as a blanket for his crate(For the trip) so he wont be too sad...Now for me I dunno what I can gather :)
We do that with the babies as well it really helps with their transition to the new home..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Handsome boy you have there! I hope he does well in the show ring and does everyone proud!!! :) :) I, too, love the pic of him looking around the grooming arm.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Jesters mom I took some pics of him playing in the snow this AM will post later we are going to cut down a tree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts