Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother's dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. Also being from a byb who doesn't health test we're thankful she's made it this far with us. This is just one of the many health issues this poor dog has had through her life. Right now the vet says she has around a year left at most.

This time around we want to do things right. I told my mother I'd help her find a good breeder with health tested dogs. We love her current baby and wouldn't trade her for the world but it's been such a heartbreak to my mom all the health issues her dog has had.

My poodle has made her love the breed. She wants a smaller mini or a toy though so she can hold the dog and have it sit in her lap (and not pull her over on the leash if it sees a squirrel).
I dont know anything about toy or Mini breeders so figured I'd ask you guys.
We don't need a show prospect or perfect conformation just a breeder with healthy dogs preferably close to or in North Carolina.

I know it might seem a bit odd looking for a new pup so early but my mom's mental state drops without a dog in the house. So I want to do my research and get on a waiting list if needed ahead of time.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
I'm sorry your Mom's poor dog has such ill health.

You may be close to Aery poodles - my minipoo is from Aery. Aery Miniature Poodles

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Premium Member
9,694 Posts
They have a little black male puppy available now, 4 1/2 months old so possibly house broken. The good mini’s are much harder to find. I’m on the same page as your mom without a dog in my life. Good luck with Artep. I’m sure they can refer, if the two puppies they currently have are already placed.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I am 73 and I have 3 Toys which I prefer, easy to handle, the combined weight of all 3 is 15 pounds. They are all la dogs, and funny how they walk behind me or to the side away from my feet. My toys now and in the past have not been over 8 pounds at the most.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh thank you guys both look nice!
I'll have to see which my mom prefers.

She was wanting a cream but I'm hoping I can get her to just look at temperament and health and put color aside.

Glorybee all three of your girls are adorable my mom is almost 60 and a petite women. My large boys seem a bit to much for her at times so I'm sure she's going to love having a small baby.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Oh thank you guys both look nice!
I'll have to see which my mom prefers.

She was wanting a cream but I'm hoping I can get her to just look at temperament and health and put color aside.

Glorybee all three of your girls are adorable my mom is almost 60 and a petite women. My large boys seem a bit to much for her at times so I'm sure she's going to love having a small baby.
Those little ones are easy to handle, even 3, I have them trained to walk side by side, but I take the carriage, as being concerned if an aggressive dog was around if I could get them all up in time. Your mom is still young. At 40 I had 2 dobs 75 and 95 pounds, LOL

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I hope you can get your mom a dog.

I would forget about a mini though, because if you want a lap dog for your mom, a toy is the best choice. Minis are the most active and exhuberant of all three sizes. A toy would be better suited for an older lady. Make sure to get the calmest of the litter. Ask specifically for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts