Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I buy beef by the 1/2 and have some fresh liver that I would like to make into dog treats, but I need a good recipe.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
here is the recipe that I use:
"Lara's Cake" 500grams (1 lb) of liver, blend till it is puree'd, place in a big bowl, add 2 cups of self raising flour, about 3 teaspoons of crushed garlic, 2 beaten eggs, and 2 teaspoons of Marmite or Vegemite. place in a shallow cake tray and bake for about 30 minutes at around 150 C. take out when a knife comes out clean, let it cool and then cut up into small pieces, and freeze in small snap lock bags and take one out prior to going training, the dogs just love it!
good luck and happy cooking!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I do not feed dog treats that contain any type of flour even if its whole wheat flour.

I don't use grains... I couldn't attached the recipe I use for Grain Free Liver Treats but if you use the one, sent earlier, and substitute the flour for 2 T of potato flour instead, it should be just fine. I also don't use that much garlic either.
You can use other herbs as well, like oregano.
Spread thin and bake low temp for many hours. Oh the smell is just wonderful... cook on days you can open your windows!

Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts