Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I finally psyched myself up for a nail cutting session - Poppy is easy, but Sophy dislikes it intensely. Even with lots of chicken and tapping games she was not going to cooperate, so I remembered the little grinder I bought ages ago when she last decided nail clippers were going to remove her toes, and she was remarkably sanguine about that. Except that the battery was fading and I couldn't find the charger...

Two hours later the house was upside down and I still couldn't find it - the model is no longer available so buying another and alternating them is not an option. I am leaning towards splashing out on the Andis one recommended here a couple of years back (I have a dremel type tool, but would prefer something with a guard given the long hair around Sophy's feet), but wanted to check if there are better options now. Needs to be available with either a UK plug or a USB charger, which limits the options.

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on a stocking or something similar, Porkchop. My dremel is rather large - the charger-less grinder I have is hardly bigger than a fat pen, and fits very comfortable into the hand. I am very cross with myself for not keeping the charger with it!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I recently bought this dremel. It stays charged for at least 4-6 weeks and I use it on both Beckie and Merlin about once every two weeks. What’s really great about it is the light on its nose : it lets you see the quick better. Many professional groomers use it too.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked for that one Dechi, but it seems to be unavailable in the UK - and would need a transformer if I imported it. High price plus import taxes plus transformer rather put me off. I shall see if anyone sells the guard attachment - that would certainly make life easier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts