Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am so overwhelmed in finding a dryer for our year old pup. Please let me know what I should be looking for. I'm in Canada so if you have any recommendations as to dryers I can buy here that would be amazing.
We have been doing all his grooming and clipping at home so far but it would be really nice to be able to dry him and make him look a little more polished and maybe dry his snowy feet when he comes in after playing in the snow...my kitchen floor is always wet right now :(
Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hi?! I'm sorry I don't have any type of hair dryer recommendations,(I use a hand held one) but I do know it should be a Ion one.

·
Registered
932 Posts
There is a PF member (groomer) from Canada that used to post super deals on grooming equipment. I think some of it was available at large grooming shows, so not cost effective to ship to the US. Not sure if you’d find anything useful in searching old PF posts or if her salon is close enough to visit.

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
Ten years ago I bought a Chris Christensen Kool Dry dryer. It was (and still is) fairly pricey, but it's a really nice dryer. It's got full variable speed, not just the two speeds of some cheaper dryers. At high speeds you can see the water blowing right out of the coat and turning into mist.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm planning my next grooming purchase to be a Shelandy dryer (on Amazon). It was recommended by several people here as a good home dryer for a decent price, and it's available on the Canadian site.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have been using a flying pig dryer (flying one) and am very happy with it. Full variable speed, three heat modes. It's an intermediate price. Got mine off amazon.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Ten years ago I bought a Chris Christensen Kool Dry dryer. It was (and still is) fairly pricey, but it's a really nice dryer. It's got full variable speed, not just the two speeds of some cheaper dryers. At high speeds you can see the water blowing right out of the coat and turning into mist.
I bought my Kool pup dryer a little over 2 years ago, it's amazing. I can wash, pat dry and dry three toy poodles in 45 minutes used to take me a half hour to do one.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I bought my Kool pup dryer a little over 2 years ago, it's amazing. I can wash, pat dry and dry three toy poodles in 45 minutes used to take me a half hour to do one.
Wow that's fast. It still takes me an hour to bathe and dry Misha. Maybe that's just size and coat length. It used to take two hours when I didn't have a HV dryer though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Second the CC Kool Dry. Mine is over 10 years old and (knock on wood LOL) I have had no issues with it. Because it is variable speed as opposed to just high/low like many forces it is ideal for getting puppies, or dogs that have never had a force used on them, used to it. Though it does not have heat, the Kool Dry is more than adequate for even heavy-coated Standards, the Kool Pup is fine for Minis/Toys if someone didn't want to get the Kool Dry. They have even more models now, some with heat, etc. The Kool Dry is also one of the quieter models of forces, which was a factor for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone so much for your responses!!! They have helped out so much!

Thank you very much from this novice poodle owner :)

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
There is a PF member (groomer) from Canada that used to post super deals on grooming equipment. I think some of it was available at large grooming shows, so not cost effective to ship to the US. Not sure if you’d find anything useful in searching old PF posts or if her salon is close enough to visit.

Here is J's site, though she primarily supplies professional groomers, so I think she might be geared towards larger equipment. She is a lovely person and could have suggestions if you reach out to her though ?.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts