Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Tsuki (toy poodle), Lincoln (miniature poodle), and Stryder (miniature schnauzer) to the vets today.

Tsuki in all her 7lbs is in perfect health. Lincoln at 13.3 lbs has double ear infections. Both pups have been put on Amitriptyline for their Separation Anxiety, and Lincoln has Otimax for his ears.

Stryder now at his lowest weight as an adult dog (21.8 lbs of pure muscle!!) has Conjunctivitis. He also ripped off a nail last weekend, and thinking maybe a possible infection as he was being lethargic, and his pad was swollen a bit, as well as he was coming up slightly lame for a few days. So he's on antibiotics for that (Cephalexin), as well as having double ear infections too, so he and Lincoln are sharing the Otomax.

My other dog, Kiba, has also been showing the same symptoms (ear wise) as the other too, so I'll be using the ear drops on her as well.

It's gonna be crazy the next two weeks medicating everyone twice a day..:wacko:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
My goodness. When it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry that all of your furbies aren't feeling well. We'll be thinking of you and your furbies and hang in there.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Sending good vibes your way for a quick recovery for your puppies and your wallet. I'm sure that was fun taking them all in at the same time.

Good thing is that they will be all better soon.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Get well soon!!

We got a bug running around our household so lots of anti-diarrhea meds! Not fun cleaning liquid poo and getting up every two hours to get someone outside before there is and accident! Can't wait till it's over!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sounds like you need a bit of turkey and brown rice at your house stars!
Yeah they already been eating that and it comes out looking the same, not digested. It lasts for about 4 days and then they are fine. Number 4 dog is going through it now, 2 left (hope they don't get it). Using Metronidazole and wal-mart brand anti-diarrhea caplets. helps slow it down. getting some Albon today to put in my pet arsenal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts