Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granulomatous meningoencephalomyelitis (GME) is what Randy had. The bronchitis was unrelated to this. The cause of the disease is unknown. It is more common in terriers and poodles. They do believe that it is a immune medicated disorder.(where the immune system accumulates inflammatory cells in the brain.) I have come to realize that somethings aren't meant to be and we will always grieve over them. I will never forget Randy and he will always be in my heart, my fluffy white angel poodle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No that test came back negative. It definitely wasn't distemper and I am relieved that it wasn't. Randy was here for a reason and everyday I am thankful for him being a part of my life. He was a blessing in so many ways. Gosh, I miss him so!
Wow I've never heard of this. So it wasn't distemper after all?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Wow Buck Thanks for sharing with us .This was a devatasting loss for you :(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
d"]It funny how now I remember all the good days and it makes me smile. He was such a clown.[/COLOR]
I am very sorry for your loss. Loosing a family member is devistating.

What are the symptoms of GME?
neurological signs, like stumbling. Which I did notice but at first but I just thought it was being clumsy. Then seizures. You can also google GME in Dogs and get more info. There are three different catagories.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Buck. I'm happy you found the answer to what ailed Randy, but still sad that your time with him was so short.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
How incredibly sad. :(

I am glad you had the necropsy done, though.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ohhh, my heart breaks for you! I know how hard this has to be. I am glad you were able to find out the reason for it, but wish with all my heart that it had not happened. Your sweet boy was such a beauty. You are right, things happen for a reason, we may not know the reason for some time, but there is a reason. I wish you to have a Christmas that is full of love and that in the future you are able to find another poodle companion to heal the whole in your heart! *hugs to you*

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Dear Buck...Thank you so much for the update and for letting us hear from you again. I am sure everyone has been wondering how you have been. I too pray you have a wonderful Christmas, full of love and thanksgiving, and hope one day in the not too distant future there is a little furball bundle who is meant for your family who becomes a part of it. Thinking of you.....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ahhh, how sad :smow: : (((

I am so sorry Buck : (((. Thanks for shearing this important info with us !

So, he basically had underlying autoimmune disorder : ((( that got into "fast-forward" progression due to some trigger : (((. It is so unfortunate *sigh...Such a beautiful dog inside and out : (((.

I am so glad to hear that you are at the stage where you remember only good -times *hug ! That is how he would like to be remembered : ))) !

Best wishes :rainbow:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Such sad news, Buck... but it's good to have the answers and not always wonder. He was a precious soul ... and his time with you was special because he was loved so much. I hope the healing has started... I know it's a rough road and I feel for you.
Karen

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Granulomatous meningoencephalomyelitis (GME) is what Randy had. The bronchitis was unrelated to this. The cause of the disease is unknown. It is more common in terriers and poodles. They do believe that it is a immune medicated disorder.(where the immune system accumulates inflammatory cells in the brain.) I have come to realize that somethings aren't meant to be and we will always grieve over them. I will never forget Randy and he will always be in my heart, my fluffy white angel poodle.
Buck I am so sorry to hear that. :(

Thanks for keeping the community updated. I am reading up on GME now.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
thats awful Buck <33
I'm sending you all my well wishes

·
Registered
151 Posts
Buck - I am so sorry...I have been watching for your posts everyday. I cried when I read a post about Randy's illness, and I know your little community has been grieving with you...I hope you find comfort in knowing that absolutely no one could have loved Randy more, or taken better care of him.

He was very loved and you are very special...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thank you for letting us know what happened. I hope this brings you some closure and knowing that there wasn't anything else you could have done.

He was very fortunate to have such a sweet and loving mother to take care of him in his most desperate moments.

For the memory of Randy, our sweet little angel. :flowers:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Thankyou for posting this. I am so sorry you had to go through this with the little angel. He was ment to teach you something and be in your life. HUGS!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I am so very sorry Buck. It is so difficult to loose something as beautiful as he was. Sending blessings you way and keeping you in my prayers. :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts