Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sisko is 2 years and 6 months old now. I noticed a few days ago that Sisko's neck had gotten bigger. His neck used to be 14 inches and now it is 15 inches. I had to loosen his collar. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? My mom thinks that he may be putting more muscle mass. But his neck is the only thing that has gotten bigger.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
If his neck feels uniform and proportionate, it may be muscle mass gained. Not sure about your vet, but I can phone my vet and ask "What do you think...?" questions. If you can call your vet, it may put you at ease.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If his neck feels uniform and proportionate, it may be muscle mass gained. Not sure about your vet, but I can phone my vet and ask "What do you think...?" questions. If you can call your vet, it may put you at ease.
Okay, thank you. I will call and ask them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. If I don't post an update to any of my threads please send me a PM. I have been busy and getting distracted and then not updating😳

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Gaining weight will make the collar too tight. Gaining muscle in the neck is unlikely, unless he’s been pulling a sled...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gaining weight will make the collar too tight. Gaining muscle in the neck is unlikely, unless he’s been pulling a sled...
I will see if I can get him weighed tomorrow. Okay. Sisko hasn't been pulling a sled. Unless he just hasn't told me 😨
Some other dog owners who'd not seen Peggy in a while recently remarked on how much she's filled out. That is definitely a part of later adolescence, and it always catches me off guard.
Peggy has filled out and very nicely. How much does she weigh now? Do you guys think Sisko is still filling out?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I will see if I can get him weighed tomorrow. Okay. Sisko hasn't been pulling a sled. Unless he just hasn't told me 😨

Peggy has filled out and very nicely. How much does she weigh now? Do you guys think Sisko is still filling out?
I'm guessing it varies from dog to dog, but when I compared photos of Gracie at 8 years old to her photos at 2 years old, she looked like a different dog. At 2, she still looked like a little string bean.

I'm not sure how much Peggy weighs now. She was almost 45 lbs a couple of months ago. I'm guessing she's gained at least another 5 lbs because I hurt my back yesterday trying to weigh her on the bathroom scale, whereas before I could lift her with only minimal sweating and grunting. I'll have to walk her onto the scale at our pet food store or vet's office.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. 🤣 Little string bean.

I'm sorry you hurt your back. That is what I'm going to have to do with Sisko too. I found out the hard that you shouldn't pick up heavy objects if you have injured anything😬.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Annies collar size increases by a surprising amount when her hair gets longer. She has also gained some pandemic weight, or post spay weight, or maturing to 2 years weight.... i wish i had asked the vet to weigh her when i brought her there recently, my last vet put it on the receipts (all weights since she was first there as a puppy, which was fun to see) but this one doesn't.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made sure it wasn't his hair. Maybe it's a combo of all 3 with Annie🤔? I love seeing the weight records too! Sisko was 59 lbs the first time we took him to his new vet, and last time we went in he was 55 lbs and the vet said he is perfect at 55 lbs.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to call the vet Monday. The changed their hours at the end of last month, so now they are closed on weekends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts