Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my own record for clipping and scissoring Poppy today - under 25 minutes on the table! She was beginning to wobble even with sitting while I did her face and top knot and with my hand under her for support whenever possible, so any further tidying up will have to wait till tomorrow. Face and tail with a 10 blade (feet are practically bald from the steroids she is taking so I left those), body and legs with a 5/8" comb, tummy 3/8", and very rapid scissoring of topknot and any obvious tufts. Her coat is now so thin that she looks bald and gets shivery if it is any shorter.

Poor sausage is back to the vets for more blood tests on Wednesday - nearly 6 months since the last round, and the vet wants to check her before Christmas. They are very impressed at how she sits like a rock the moment they begin to shave her - 11 years of being a poodle can teach that!

·
Super Moderator
2,741 Posts
I broke my own record for clipping and scissoring Poppy today - under 25 minutes on the table! She was beginning to wobble even with sitting while I did her face and top knot and with my hand under her for support whenever possible, so any further tidying up will have to wait till tomorrow. Face and tail with a 10 blade (feet are practically bald from the steroids she is taking so I left those), body and legs with a 5/8" comb, tummy 3/8", and very rapid scissoring of topknot and any obvious tufts. Her coat is now so thin that she looks bald and gets shivery if it is any shorter.

Poor sausage is back to the vets for more blood tests on Wednesday - nearly 6 months since the last round, and the vet wants to check her before Christmas. They are very impressed at how she sits like a rock the moment they begin to shave her - 11 years of being a poodle can teach that!
Aww, poor girl with her thinning coat. Is she at the point where she needs sweaters?

·
Premium Member
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
She has several very beautiful ones - scarlet Aran knitted by a friend of mine. At the moment it is mild here, around 50F with no wind, so she was OK. I am keeping an eye on her, though, and plan on making her some that cover all her body if she shows signs of chilliness. At night she comes under the duvet if she is cold, but she has not wanted to for some weeks - not since the last really cold snap.

Reactions: cowpony and Liz

·
Premium Member
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I spoke too soon! Poppy was up in the night for a pee around 3am, and when I got back into bed a small poodle was carefully positioned to snuggle in with me. Time to get the sewing machine out, methinks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts