Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mum is still hobbly although she says her knee is getting better very slowly, but now she can walk a bit we are going on nearly-walks. She parks the car at the beginning of a walk and hobbles to the nearest place that she can sit, and we pootle round for a bit and sit with her and say hello to any friends who come along and sniff all the smells, and then she hobbles to the next seat and we do it all again. Some of the sitting places are not very comfy - iron and concrete drain covers and things like that, very hard and rather damp - but it doesn't really matter because we sit on Mum, and she is all nice and warm and squishy.

Wherever she sits down becomes our camp, and we have to tell everyone it is ours and not let them come near till we have checked them out. Mum says this is silly as we never made a fuss about dogs and people coming by when we just walked along the same paths - I don't think humans really understand about camps. Of course it is a camp if we all sit down and make a place ours, and of course we then have to guard it just a bit! Dogs know these things, even if humans don't!

Poppy xx

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Humans don't know a lot of things, Poppy, so I am glad you are there to teach her. Those near walks sound pretty good to me. I hope your mum's knee heals more and more every day.

Hugs!
Noelle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts