Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My standard poodle Blue is older, and our other poodle, her sister, died a few months ago so we do spoil her a bit with affection, but I noticed she’s getting a little naughty in her senior years! For instance, she’s always been really obedient and just naturally dignified, but the other day she ate my husband’s lunch from off the countertop when he answered a phone call, and it was spinach salad! Not really a high value treat for all the unusual effort she put into sneaking something off the counter. Also if she’s doing something silly like snooping in a drawer when I open it and I say, no, she quickly snoops even harder before I pull her away! And today I heard the unmistakable sounds of her drinking out of the toilet. She must be going thru the oldest adolescence ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
They keep their joie de vivre going and going. If there was bacon or cheese on the salad, Buck would have gone for it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Sounds like Blue thinks you need a little excitement in your life!

In all honesty, though, they do often push things a little as they get older. And we humans tend to let more and more slide, and then wonder why it's suddenly poodle anarchy. Lol. With my last girl, even housebreaking needing to be revisited. I started crating her again at about 8 years old and she was much happier. It's like she needed those boundaries again.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true. She makes me laugh, but she’s always been a dainty eater so gobbling the spinach was quite funny. It did have grated cheese on it, but also vinegar type dressing. I know we’re enabling her but another funny thing is, she’s never been allowed on our bed unless we’re camping but last night she came bouncing in all confident and leapt on the bed, turned in a circle and snuggled right in like it was totally normal :) silly girl. But I’m going to enjoy all the time I have left with her so I don’t care.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
So true. She makes me laugh, but she’s always been a dainty eater so gobbling the spinach was quite funny. It did have grated cheese on it, but also vinegar type dressing. I know we’re enabling her but another funny thing is, she’s never been allowed on our bed unless we’re camping but last night she came bouncing in all confident and leapt on the bed, turned in a circle and snuggled right in like it was totally normal :) silly girl. But I’m going to enjoy all the time I have left with her so I don’t care.

This made me smile.

I remember senior Gracie stealing half my dad's sandwich from the dashboard of his truck. We didn't even know she could get up there!

My dad still grumbles about how much he was looking forward to that sandwich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts