Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone here or anyone here who has a friend looking to adopt a shelter dog (or cat), here is an event that might help a dog have a new home with you or your friend.

https://www.cleartheshelters.com/

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Thanks Catherine for making us aware of this drive - hopefully it will be a great event. Tell your neighbors and friends.
I was very interested in the 11 dogs best for senior citizens - some breeds there that I didn't know. I am loving the Cardigan Welsh corgi.

·
Premium Member
23,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like that in addition to encouraging the idea of marking this date for adopting shelter pets there is so much support like the link on good dogs fro older people. I think it is very hard when someone finds they are not well matched to the dog they have. Aside from the emotional stress of thinking about rehoming it must feel like a big life failure to think you can't manage your dog. That doesn't mean you can't manage any dog, you just need a better match.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is soooo helpful!

I’m trying to see if by slim chance there are any Standard poodles in a shelter in Georgia or any neighboring states. I’m searching like crazy and am headed out now to check out a local shelter that is open today (most shelters are closed today in preparation for tomorrow’s event) to see if my Spoo might be there!

If anyone knows of any Spoos in any shelters in the south PLEASE let me know. I’m willing to make the drive early in the am and be first in line to meet the pup!

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
San Diego is in! Lots of media attention and events scheduled for this weekend here......

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Thank you for posting about this. It lured me into looking through our different shelters online. I ended up seeing 2 different dogs that just nabbed my attention. The first one, the rescue denied my application down. But today I went to meet Oscar at the county animal shelter. He’s 12 years old, and while a local rescue staked their claim to many small dogs in the last three days, they were going to leave him behind. They only want the ones that can bring in money. (I’m pretty sure I know what rescue it is).

But because of your post I have the privilege of giving this wonderful old man the last journey of his life. I just couldn’t be happier!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you for posting about this. It lured me into looking through our different shelters online. I ended up seeing 2 different dogs that just nabbed my attention. The first one, the rescue denied my application down. But today I went to meet Oscar at the county animal shelter. He’s 12 years old, and while a local rescue staked their claim to many small dogs in the last three days, they were going to leave him behind. They only want the ones that can bring in money. (I’m pretty sure I know what rescue it is).

But because of your post I have the privilege of giving this wonderful old man the last journey of his life. I just couldn’t be happier!

Congratulations, what a lucky dog to have found you! Can't wait for pictures. ❤

1 - 10 of 10 Posts