Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my second spoodle on Friday. A white male puppy. I am so excited and Friday seems so far away. Does anyone have suggestions for a name?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I am getting my second spoodle on Friday. A white male puppy. I am so excited and Friday seems so far away. Does anyone have suggestions for a name?
What are his dam and sire's names? His registered name might shape his call name

example: CH Wink's Love Me for the Money = Cash

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whisperwind Harlequin Masque...Harley is the sire
Whisperwind Valley Personality.....Lily

I kinda like both names.. Cash and Sterling...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You can take what I was going to do and use Jazz in the registered name and called him Jasper.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Many trainers suggest avoiding "S" sound in dog names - just a thought :rolffleyes: BUT, you already have a Sassy LOL and she is somehow "alive" LOL and not traumatized ha ha.

Best of luck with your new boy : ))) !!!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I personally have always thought "Romeo" would be a good name for a white standard poodle, but that's just me. :)
I like Eli too. Or Charlie, or maybe Tybalt (haha, I like Romeo & Juliet names...).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had about 4 names picked out for my first spoodle. It wasn't until I saw him that I knew what fit..
Me and Cooper will be leaving on Thursday, driving about 10 hours and picking him up on Friday. I am so excited...
What a wonderful husband I have to support me by allowing me to have another! If he only knew that I don't plan on stopping at 2. Lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because of the commands like sit and stay... Can be confusing to dog if you have the sss sound for name. But then again we are talking about one of the smartest breeds there is. Cooper understands sentences...

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Congrats!! I am So jealous!

I am not one that waits for the puppy to choose the name. I like to pick out a name first. Im just not creative, and end up calling all puppies "squirt". :D I am a dork and have a "name log". I have this running list of names i like for future dogs (and already have my next poodles name picked out:rolffleyes:). Here are some good ones i think.

Brice
Duncan
Devon
Trystan
Elliot
Preston

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just dont name him something like Sparky, Spike, Charlie, or something else commonly used.

Go for a walk down town and everyones dog is named that ._. You will have a dog that thinks everyone is calling him over lol.

Spencer
Carth
Kaiden
Nirvana
Doc
Sedah
Kory
Chevvy
Gage
Kade
Noah
Eli