Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our new black spoo, we have decided, is Coleson. He seems to love the sound of it. My question to ya'll is which seems better.....

Coalson

Coleson

Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
The second one COLE.

I have never seen a person or dog with the first spelling - as a lump of coal - unless you are matching the black together with that, makes sence, it just seems like it's it spelled wrong:eek:hwell: But hey its your dog - if you want something unique go with the first one:)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
LOL

I actually thought she was referring to the "color relation" :rolffleyes:

Name Cole has same meaning anyway " Middle English and Old French origin, and its meaning is "swarthy, coal-black, charcoal"." I alway wondered why people would give that name to a "human boy" ever since I came here :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I learned hard way that it is always better to go with already existing spelling of any name LOL

To this day I have to correct people of how they pronounce my daughters' names which are Italian and spelled as that LOL Oh boy - the variations I heard so far :rofl:

So yes - I also now agree - go with the second one ; )))

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I like Coleson (I babysat a little boy name Coleston... I loooove the name Cole in pretty much any form!)

If you spell Coalson, you will constantly have to correct people on how it is spelled - i.e. the groomer, the vet, random people who ask. (Believe me... I get people who ask how I spell my dogs' names. It's weird.)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If you spell Coalson, you will constantly have to correct people on how it is spelled - i.e. the groomer, the vet, random people who ask. (Believe me... I get people who ask how I spell my dogs' names. It's weird.)
I like Coleson too
and I agree with Spencer XD
I can't count how many times I've had to correct people because they insist Elphaba/Elphie is spelled with an "f" v.v;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts