Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,218 Posts
Oh no! Do you have membership in an emergency road assistance service?
I've been debating replacing my tires with a run-flat style. Just, ouch, the cost.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have road side assistance as part of my insurance one per year, but I will admit not my first nail/bolt/screw in my tires since I have driven on active construction sites.
Usually I have Fix -a-flat in my trunk, which will patch minor punctures and put enough air in the tire to get you started, you need to drive a few miles to evenly spread the mixture inside the tire before adding the right amount of air in the tire. I had my mechanic plug the tire because they do it for free since I bought the tires there.
I also have a tire compressor in the trunk as part of my emergency road side kit.

·
Super Moderator
2,218 Posts
I went through a period when I was getting flats just about every other month. Three of the flats were due to tire wall damage. The car was due for a new set of sneakers anyhow, so I replaced all four after the first one & sprang for the dealer's repair/replacement contract. Best money I've spent.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
My Sienna came with the "run flat" tires. It took me a long time to get used to the stiff ride. I don't even notice it any more.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Great (with much sarcasm); I just got a notice from Toyota telling me that my car Safety Connect system will soon be made archaic by the widespread use of 5G. I keep my vans for at least ten years, and this one is only 6 year old... and has low mileage. I hope they offer up some type of conversion because the existing system was not inexpensive, and affects my insurance premium costs. I should not complain because I have had no real issues with this Sienna. Picture just because the pups were so cute.
639.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts