Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...been a while since I've been on, but thought I pop some pictures on!!

I wanted to leave Zac long, as I love longer poodles....but it got silly and he couldn't see him bless~as you can from the picture! So took him to the poodle parlour and he's had a cut! I have to admit I'm not too keen!!! I want him to have a shorter top knot and longer face next time! xx

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think his cut looks pretty nice.

All I can think of is that you let him grow between groomings for the shaggy dog look.

I have asked groomers to do 'rounded feet' vs poodle feet and not to go too close on the face to avoid razor burn.

Once you find a good set of instructions to give (number to use on body and face and feet......) keep it written down to use each time you take him in.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I agree, cute both ways :)
Tell the groomer you are going for a cleaned up version of the "shaggy dog" look next time you go in so they will have a better idea of how to please you. That is what a client I had on friday told me, "I want a cleaned up shaggy dog".

·
Registered
554 Posts
He is cute both ways...but I bet he is glad he can see better! I agree...you can tell the groomer to leave it a certain way...they are trying to please you! Give them a nice sized tip and I bet they never forget how you want him groomed!

·
Registered
912 Posts
He looks adorable after his grooming but then I much prefer the clean face look, but each to their own. If he came into me and you asked for the tidied up shaggy dog look I would know what you meant, although I probably wouldn't touch his face with clippers then and just tidy it up around his eyes and perhaps thin out the muzzle a little, and no poodle feet just around them off like I do with all the shih x maltese I see.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hi all...been a while since I've been on, but thought I pop some pictures on!!

I wanted to leave Zac long, as I love longer poodles....but it got silly and he couldn't see him bless~as you can from the picture! So took him to the poodle parlour and he's had a cut! I have to admit I'm not too keen!!! I want him to have a shorter top knot and longer face next time! xx
I love it! before and after - so cute!

·
Registered
55 Posts
All I can think of is that you let him grow between groomings for the shaggy dog look.

I have asked groomers to do 'rounded feet' vs poodle feet and not to go too close on the face to avoid razor burn.

Once you find a good set of instructions to give (number to use on body and face and feet......) keep it written down to use each time you take him in.
oooo that is a fantastic idea that I never would of thought of..ty :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts