Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo I love writing, but sometimes I have way too much! But still, it's fun. Here are my current projects:

1. NCIS fanfic: I'm about 2 chapters away from finishing this what will be a 40 chapter story.

2. Jurassic Park fanfic: this is about a girl who gets stranded on the island but she can talk to animals, so joins the raptor pack. Owen is one of the team who comes to get her and explore at the same time.

3. Black Stallion Returns: I rewrote the first book entirely from the Black's point of view. Now it's time to do so with the sequel!

4. Hunger Games: technically, this isn't MY story. This is a friend's story, but I'm writing a character for her and it's a lot of fun as he gets killed, then comes back later.

Then the same friend and I co write.
5. The Song That Tamed His Heart: story 4. Yes, you read that right. FOUR. This one is about an immortal animal shapeshifter who eventually falls in love with a human girl, and he involves her in the world of the immortals. This is the fourth story about them.

6. Twins story: This one is new that we just started. It's about two college age twins (boy and girl) who accidentally find a book that unleashes magic and get a bunch of immortal creatures who attack them. They must then as well as fight for their lives find the author of the book plus find the matching book book that will stop this chaos.

7. Future story: this is a story of a girl who gets kidnapped by a man with a time machine that promptly breaks when they get back to his time in the future. She's stuck there but meets a boy her age. This future time is very strict with rules, the biggest one being that touching of any kind is gross and unhygienic, but there is a following of "Wild" thinking that promotes touching and intimate contact. But they have to hide the girl among the Society and get her back without causing trouble. As easy as it sounds? Nope...

8. Mythology story: we're actually almost done this one too, but put it on the backburner for now. Artemis mated with a human male and had twin girls. One is immortal, the other is not. The immortal one stayed with Artemis, the man raised the mortal girl. Now she's going to college and her twin comes out of nowhere to be in her life. But there is far more than meets the eye, as in both their lives are in danger from mysterious dark forces...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Sounds interesting! One of my daughters always loved writing, but has been so busy with school she has stopped. I'm not sure if she will ever pick it up again. She was into fan/animie fiction. Your #8 sounds interesting to me.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
I enjoy writing too- I am a poet. Tried fiction once but found it to a rough go for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I always wanted to be a writer but (sigh) have no gift for it.

But I am a readaholic, or to be honest, a audible bookaholic (I just don't have time to read anymore), but can always fit an audible book into my commute to and from work, or housework or gardening. Hey, my Roland got his name from my favorite Stephan King series, The Dark Tower.

Several of what you listed caught my interest based on what I enjoy.

I love the Rick Riordan mythology stories, so your Artemis story sounds interesting. There are so many paths to go when it comes to the Greek or Roman Gods without losing the true origins of the said Gods.

One the other hand, I also love the classics so Black Beauty also hits me.

I also did the Hunger Games series and loved it.

The twins one reminds me of a few books I have enjoyed.

Here's another thought for you. Diana Galbadons Outlander series, about time travelers. Not so much to follow her but to write a book that is historical correct but with your own characters.

Sorry, geeking out here, but from the time I learned to read, I have been a huge fan of the written word. It is what is, what it was, and what it could be.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My niece and I are currently 11 chapters into an original story, using characters we created when we were young. An entire fictional town! I also wrote fan fiction for several years.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another thought for you. Diana Galbadons Outlander series, about time travelers. Not so much to follow her but to write a book that is historical correct but with your own characters.
Well...actually.... I've been writing a book on and off and this is very much like your suggestion. Except for the fact that the girl is immortal and we start in the Roman Empire and we follow her through periods of history. She is someone that influences it but is never in the foreground.

Example: Robert the Bruce fought for Scotland's freedom, right? But he had a rough go at it at first and was on the point of being captured/giving up. This part is true. Where mine comes in is she meets him, gives him the idea for Buchan Hill where he won his first decisive battle. She fights with him that day, then says (paraphrasing) okay, I got you started you keep going, then she leaves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts