Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol .... He is a funny looking guy. I thought you had a schnoodle? He's not the schnoodle?
lol, he needs to be groomed. No, this is Shadow, he is a purebred AKC
registered poodle.

This is the Schnoodle "Chunk.":

(He is Shadow's offspring though)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sorry to say, but not good at shutting my mouth get some clippers onto that dog. I hate seeing ppl not clipping poodle faces :mad: If you want to start showing you better get use to clipping them on a weekly basis. If you havnt got clippers you better buy some cause this will cost you alot of money to do them all from someone else.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to say, but not good at shutting my mouth get some clippers onto that dog. I hate seeing ppl not clipping poodle faces :mad: If you want to start showing you better get use to clipping them on a weekly basis. If you havnt got clippers you better buy some cause this will cost you alot of money to do them all from someone else.
He does get clipped, but has to be done by a pro. every now and then
due to he has aggression problems...also he doesn't live with me either
though he is in my name, he's really not like my dog. Also, you seen
Maddie, right? You see I clip her and she is taken care of grooming wise.
I do own clippers, but he will try to bite me if I clip or even scissor him.:(

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
He does get clipped, but has to be done by a pro. every now and then
due to he has aggression problems...also he doesn't live with me either
though he is in my name, he's really not like my dog. Also, you seen
Maddie, right? You see I clip her and she is taken care of grooming wise.
I do own clippers, but he will try to bite me if I clip or even scissor him.:(
Not to be miss negative but if he has aggression issues why was he bred in the first place? Also just because he is "AKC" does not mean squat unless he came from someone who was breeding to better the breed.

Anyhoo....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is this the 7 yr old that you own? I would be giving him a sedative to do him if he is that bad. All that hair looks like he hasnt been done for months. Has he had quarazone (sp) in the past, his coat looks really thinned out.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to be miss negative but if he has aggression issues why was he bred in the first place? Also just because he is "AKC" does not mean squat unless he came from someone who was breeding to better the breed.

Anyhoo....
It wasn't my idea to breed him honestly, my grandpa and his girlfriend choose
to do as they please since they keep him and care for him. He is not
aggressive in general, but his back legs are very touchy and my dad got him
for me when he was already full grown.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Anyhoo....
Was going to say the same, but think she means he is nasty with the clippers. Some dogs that havnt been done from puppy or have had a bad experience can be quite nasty. Ive had some outside dogs come here that were ready to take my hand off. Made the owners bring them in regularly, and sedated from the vet. They still can stand up, still are aware of whats going on. And the more you do them, they realise you arent going to hurt them.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this the 7 yr old that you own? I would be giving him a sedative to do him if he is that bad. All that hair looks like he hasnt been done for months. Has he had quarazone (sp) in the past, his coat looks really thinned out.

Yes that is him. Would a muzzle work to get those back legs?
The reason his coat looks like that is because my grandpa's girlfriend
cut most of it off and did a crappy job at that. Even though he
is in my name, he's more like my grandpa's dog.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes that is him. Would a muzzle work to get those back legs?
The reason his coat looks like that is because my grandpa's girlfriend
cut most of it off and did a crappy job at that. Even though he
is in my name, he's more like my grandpa's dog.
Yes a muzzle will help with the back legs. But maybe you need him to be checked by a vet just incase he is sore or has arthritis. There may be a reason for him aggression. But a muzzle wont help you when you are trying to do his face, feet and tail.

And the coat, I meant the coat is thin, not a very good coat. His age atm shouldnt have anything to do with it, neither should the haircut.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yes a muzzle will help with the back legs. But maybe you need him to be checked by a vet just in case he is sore or has arthritis. There may be a reason for him aggression. But a muzzle wont help you when you are trying to do his face, feet and tail.

And the coat, I meant the coat is thin, not a very good coat. His age atm shouldn't have anything to do with it, neither should the haircut.
I know about clipper aggressive dogs, I've dealt with my fair share but even so I would not have bred the dog.

Anyway I believe the coat is stringy because of "bad" breeding ;) I have seen my fair share of Poodles with less then par coats due to nothing else other then "bad" breeding.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes a muzzle will help with the back legs. But maybe you need him to be checked by a vet just incase he is sore or has arthritis. There may be a reason for him aggression. But a muzzle wont help you when you are trying to do his face, feet and tail.

And the coat, I meant the coat is thin, not a very good coat. His age atm shouldnt have anything to do with it, neither should the haircut.
I never really thought of that, I will see about getting him checked out.
See I've had him since I was like 11 years old, my Dad just got him for
me one day, the home he came from was not a very good one so that
could have something also to do with aggression. (?)

His coat hasn't also been like this, it was lush and curly...I wonder why
it's like this now.:confused:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I said there were some good names (breeders) in the pedigree, dont know about the whole pedigree. But sweety, you really are young and I dont think you should get the other poodle you want. I know you only have a certain amount of money, get you folks to hold it for you so you dont spend it.
I really feel the good breeders would clip the dog you are wanting to buy. The face looks like he has never been touched. So you can bet your bottom dollar that he is from a reg breeder that is breeding for money. Make me wonder if he is suppose to be quality, why he is still available at his age. There is so much you should be asking.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I said there were some good names (breeders) in the pedigree, dont know about the whole pedigree. But sweety, you really are young and I dont think you should get the other poodle you want. I know you only have a certain amount of money, get you folks to hold it for you so you dont spend it.
I really feel the good breeders would clip the dog you are wanting to buy. The face looks like he has never been touched. So you can bet your bottom dollar that he is from a reg breeder that is breeding for money. Make me wonder if he is suppose to be quality, why he is still available at his age. There is so much you should be asking.

Ohhh sorry, misunderstood then. Honestly, I've never had much to do
with the dog, though he is in my name he basically took to my grandma
when I was 11, so I sorta gave him to her until she died then my grandpa took him over.

I have asked the breeder alot of questions about the new puppy though,
everything I could possibly think of.

I will think about what you said, Sivaro, thanks for at least being nice
about it and not jumping my bones.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thats ok Brittany, sent you another email. I just want the best for you. I know you are starting out and its very hard knowing who to trust and if what they say is for real. With the genetics she said she has done, make sure she sends you copies before you buy him. Check the dates and make sure he is who she says he is. Is he microchipped. You can ask that the microchip shows on each test she shows you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts