Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awww...he's such a little angel. What is his size? (height, weight?) He looks very small against your hand. What a cute face he has.:angel:

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Twyla, with the addition of my Sphynx kitten, I became acutely aware of how four pounds is so very small. For the first few days, I found myself watching her little sides flutter up and down as she took each breath. I had nutri-cal on hand to encourage her appetite. Se was so tiny. Memories came flooding back to me of worrying over premie human babies. Just when I thought I could not stand another minute of worrying, the little cat started eating, and gaining weight. Six pounds is so much more robust. I don't see how you can stand it when your wee ones get sick, or go off their feed. Whew, I am so relieved to be past the scary stage.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww...he's such a little angel. What is his size? (height, weight?) He looks very small against your hand. What a cute face he has.:angel:
It's funny Lenny is nearly 11" square and six pounds four ounces. Lenny is the smallest poodle I have ever had.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twyla, with the addition of my Sphynx kitten, I became acutely aware of how four pounds is so very small. For the first few days, I found myself watching her little sides flutter up and down as she took each breath. I had nutri-cal on hand to encourage her appetite. Se was so tiny. Memories came flooding back to me of worrying over premie human babies. Just when I thought I could not stand another minute of worrying, the little cat started eating, and gaining weight. Six pounds is so much more robust. I don't see how you can stand it when your wee ones get sick, or go off their feed. Whew, I am so relieved to be past the scary stage.
Yeah I agree four pounds is tiny, it's funny tiny puppies worry me more than tiny kittens, maybe it's my exposure to cats I did a lot of cat rescue. Tiniest kitten I ever dealt with was a 1/2 pound or 3 weeks old. I never worried about her size maybe it's the tens of thousands of years cats have been that size.

All my puppies have been four pounds when I got them always had Nutri-Cal on hand, my mom's Pomeranian was a pound when she brought him home yikes that is tiny, little Meeko grew up to be seven pounds.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Yeah I agree four pounds is tiny, it's funny tiny puppies worry me more than tiny kittens, maybe it's my exposure to cats I did a lot of cat rescue. Tiniest kitten I ever dealt with was a 1/2 pound or 3 weeks old. I never worried about her size maybe it's the tens of thousands of years cats have been that size.

All my puppies have been four pounds when I got them always had Nutri-Cal on hand, my mom's Pomeranian was a pound when she brought him home yikes that is tiny, little Meeko grew up to be seven pounds.

Oscar is 4 3/4 pounds. I worry just picking him up! He seems so fragile I don’t want to hurt him. Tonight he was off his food and I had to go to work. Prayed he’s okay and he’ll eat when I get home, and no low blood sugar overnight. He’s the tiniest adult I’ve had, and really much smaller than the next one up who was only 5 lbs. ack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh! I'm surprised. Lenny is a moose. Haha...j/k. He's light for his height kind of, huh. So he's actually an inch taller but lighter than Matisse who's 10" and a chunk at around 7-8 lbs depending if he's in his fat mode where I say, "Oh dear...you need to be cut back a bit." lol. He's not that diligent of a self regulator. haha. But he is just right usually but fairly muscular or sturdy I guess I'd call it. So Maurice is my tiny one and he's still not the smallest of many I've heard of. He's 8-5/8ths inches and 4-1/2 lbs, give or take a couple of ounces at times...they fluctuate a little. At any rate, Lenny must feel pretty delicate when you pick him up. I remember my girl Chihuahua who was about 8" tall but weighed around 5-6 lbs, So she was about Lenny's weight but quite a bit shorter. She wasn't fat except a few times where she was getting a tad bit heavy and then I'd cut her back and she'd be down to about 5 or 5.5 lbs.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oscar is 4 3/4 pounds. I worry just picking him up! He seems so fragile I don’t want to hurt him. Tonight he was off his food and I had to go to work. Prayed he’s okay and he’ll eat when I get home, and no low blood sugar overnight. He’s the tiniest adult I’ve had, and really much smaller than the next one up who was only 5 lbs. ack!

How tall is Oscar? And I forget how old he is. He's a cutie.

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh! I'm surprised. Lenny is a moose. Haha...j/k. He's light for his height kind of, huh.
I am actually happy with Lenny's size, he is petite but my hands are big so it makes photos deceptive looking. My girls are roughly the same height as Lenny but are longer bodied or as I often the have more booty and weigh two to three pounds more.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean that as an insult...that he's a moose. I was being silly. I'm thinking he's a nice size...not too small. I wouldn't want one one bit smaller than Maurice. He's really quite small enough.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, I didn't mean that as an insult...that he's a moose. I was being silly. I'm thinking he's a nice size...not too small. I wouldn't want one one bit smaller than Maurice. He's really quite small enough.
PB I didn't take what you said as an insult truthfully I was actually kinda freaked out about how small Len was, I mean he was a half pound lighter than Bea was as a puppy but Len stayed tiny, whereas Beatrice filled out, her chest is two inches bigger and she is three inches longer . When I think of beautiful tiny poodles, your Maurice comes to mind.
15690524827991828465722196873318_1569052499482.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
How tall is Oscar? And I forget how old he is. He's a cutie.

Just saw this, sorry. I haven’t measured him yet, but he’s only about 6-7 inches at the withers lol. He was guess-timated about 12 yrs at the shelter, but because he gets so playful and excited and zooms around like a puppy, I’m hoping he may be younger.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
He is so cute and sooo tiny! What a beautiful boy.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Well Twyla...after the fact, I thought maybe some people might not get my joking or be pleased to have their demure little dog referred to as a moose. So I thought I better explain. Mooses really aren't that attractive. But I call Matisse "the big dog" since he's bigger than Maurice. lol.

Goodness! Oscar is indeed tiny if he's just 6 or 7". I thought Maurice was small at around 8" tall. lol. This shows that all things are relative, huh. lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts