Poodle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this little guy so much!!! I can't imagine not having him around now. He is not yappy at all, he loves going to the nursing home and visiting my mom, who has Alzheimer's, and readily goes up to any of the residents no matter how odd their movements or sounds they make. Is not afraid of anything, will walk next to a wheel chair, sit on the people's laps or on the tray in front of them to be pet. His only thing he does "bad" is he is not totally house broken yet... almost, but not quite, and he is learning that the cats are not "bounce on" toys. OHHH, and he LOVES to tear up tissues if he can get his paws on one. He does not chew on anything at all except his toys BUT, let him find a paper towel or tissue that fell on the floor and he will "kindly" turn it into confetti for us...lol!

He already knows sit, down, stay, roll over, and is learning to beg and to refine the ones he knows.

My sweet boy the day after I got him:
[/IMG]

Jester after a bath a week ago:
[/IMG]

Jester & Jade (my 8 yr. old sweet Dobie)
[/IMG]

And Jester & my sister's dog, Cheyenne, with our mom taken in the nursing home. I put this pic on my other thread in the "general talk" section, but I love it so much I am putting it here too.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What a pretty dobe, (my second fav. breed- but hubby is a wussy and is scared of them lol). Jester is just adorable too of course :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Adorable, have to admit I love all dogs, but have been intimidated my dobes. That is part of their beauty though. My mom had one when I was a kid that wasn't socialized and a mean little bugger. He was on an aerial run and the most attention he got was when he was distracted so one of us could dash in and get his bowls and dash back in to leave them again. Poor guy.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I love this little guy so much!!! I can't imagine not having him around now. He is not yappy at all, he loves going to the nursing home and visiting my mom, who has Alzheimer's, and readily goes up to any of the residents no matter how odd their movements or sounds they make. Is not afraid of anything, will walk next to a wheel chair, sit on the people's laps or on the tray in front of them to be pet. His only thing he does "bad" is he is not totally house broken yet... almost, but not quite, and he is learning that the cats are not "bounce on" toys. OHHH, and he LOVES to tear up tissues if he can get his paws on one. He does not chew on anything at all except his toys BUT, let him find a paper towel or tissue that fell on the floor and he will "kindly" turn it into confetti for us...lol!

He already knows sit, down, stay, roll over, and is learning to beg and to refine the ones he knows.

My sweet boy the day after I got him:
[/IMG]

Jester after a bath a week ago:
[/IMG]

Jester & Jade (my 8 yr. old sweet Dobie)
[/IMG]

And Jester & my sister's dog, Cheyenne, with our mom taken in the nursing home. I put this pic on my other thread in the "general talk" section, but I love it so much I am putting it here too.
[/IMG]
oh how cute he is! lovely pix

·
Registered
554 Posts
Jester is a cute one and your Doberman is very nice looking...I would have NEVER guessed 8 yrs old, hiding her age well! I love her ears!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your nice replies! :) Yes, Jester has a great coat, long, thick and I love it. Of course, it will be cut down to short, short this summer for all the outdoor activities. I will miss his long plush coat though, I love it when he sits in my lap and I pet him. Good thing I can grow it back for next winter.

Jade is a WONDERFUL Dobe. She is extremely well behaved, loves EVERYONE especially children. She will try to pull me towards a child if she sees one! When she passes, though, I don't think I will get another Dobe. I hope she lives to a ripe old age!! I have had three wonderful girls over the last 25 years and don't think I can replace this girl at all.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Aww they are adorable!

Haha its kind of funny your Dobe is named Jade, I know of two other Dobes named Jade! Her horse blanket is purdy ^_^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts