Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I've had it intermittently when the dog was experiencing pain, or anxiety, or wanted to do something else.

My boy Pogo didn't want to walk alone as a puppy, especially close to dark. He was better when we brought his brother Snarky along. He eventually grew out of it. However, he went through phases where he made it clear that he would have preferred to stay home with my husband instead of walking with me. This was especially common when he was feeling unwell.

My new puppy Galen acted the same way. He had to be coaxed along unless we brought Pogo. Fortunately, he had reached the point where he was happy to walk alone before Pogo died. Now, however, he finds walks a little bit boring. The other day he dug in his heels a few hundred feet from my house. He was so insistent that I let him turn around. When we got home I saw a flock of wild turkeys emerging from my neighbor's yard. Galen had apparently heard them and wanted to go chase them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.