Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Reuben Josiah. He’s absolutely adorable, no wonder you are so smitten.

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
rock55 that is one very handsome pup. I am sure he is super well loved. I adore my dogs totally and truly, but they are dogs not children. Please remember your boy is a dog and train him well above just loving on him so he grows up to be a dog that you will find a pleasure to be with and share with the world. I sometimes get called to do training in homes where pups that were treated like kids are now pushy big dogs that people don't know how to manage.

Reactions: hazardmuffin

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
Reuben is an adorable little guy! Thanks for the smile and the puppy fix. Congratulations on your new family member:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip Lily. We just started puppy kindergarten so yes training is a must. He has lots of rules and boundaries. I don’t have 2 legged children so he’s the next best thing. ?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
What a gorgeous pup! :love: I call Frosty my son too :lol: And, all of my dogs have nicknames as well (Zooey Faye, Maizie Jane, and Frosty Blue). I raise them exactly how I would human children if I had them--with lots of love and discipline.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If RJ likes to "bounce", as he is demonstrating in the photo, you might label the behavior and have it be a trick for him to do on command. I suggest this because one of my poodles bounced on command, and it was his most crowd pleasing trick as a therapy dog. Everyone likes flapping, fluffy poodle ears!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Oh what a beautiful puppy!:love:

Reactions: rock55

·
Registered
529 Posts
He is adorable. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: rock55

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
My dogs are my kids too. They know what it takes to live with me and the other dogs and are not pushy at all, they do what they are asked to do and in general are super well behaved. Just keep up with the training so they know that what mom says goes.

Super adorable puppy! His pictures just hit the spot today!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts