Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son, Aaron, was allowed to come home for three days before reporting back to his base for deployment to Iraq yesterday. Dianne and I drove down to Virginia on Sunday and returned on Thursday so we could spend a little time with him and his family before he went.

Here are some photos of Aaron arriving at the Norfolk VA airport and greeting his wife, Joy. The first image is of Joy being helped forward by her identical twin, Heather. I have to be careful when they are together because I end up talking to Heather about the family and she won't let on that she is not Joy. LOL

The photo of my son and his wife walking down the street was taken in Norfolk VA just outside of Joy's place of work. I have also included some images of Dianne and I visiting the USS Wisconsin, retired. It is now attached to a museum and you can go on deck and tour the battle ship.

Pics are a bit grainy as I didn't use my good camera. I took my point & shoot instead.

My hero!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I see Aaron's photo subject states, "My Hero". He's ours too! Tell him we thank him so very much.
And you must have done a tremendous job raising a boy as he. God Bless you!
Karen
(And your pictures were great! Keep snapping away with it!)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I am so very appreciative people like your son make the choice to do whatever it takes for our country to remain free from terrorists. Freedom doesn't come free. With a wife and family, I know it is especially difficult for him to be away. May his lonely times be filled with memories and love from home. It looks like you all had a grand time seeing the USS Constitution.

I took a tour of the USS Texas (served in WWI and WWII). It really amazed me to see first hand what our service men had to do. The big and little sacrifices they made then and continue to make today.

I'll be forever grateful and keep him and your family in my prayers. :pray2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Son, Jared, will be deploying to Afghanistan anytime after the 21st. I feel your concern. I salute all who wear a military uniform!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. This will be a difficult time for the family and knowing that there are people out there who are thinking of us and praying for him and the family is really helpful.

We will remember your soldiers as well. No one can appreciate the fear and the pain of sending a family member off to war more than another soldier's family.

Yes, they are our heroes and their sacrifice to our nation should be recognized and appreciated because freedom truly isn't free. It never has been and it never will be. I have always believed that, as both of my military children have. They freely served/served knowing that they would eventually be put in harms way for their beliefs and I am so proud of them and all of our service people!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts