Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a puppy a few months ago. She’s currently 5 months. She has wavy to curly hair when I got her. At 3.5 months she got curlier and longer hair and by 5 months her hair was so long I had to take her to get her first groom. It has been about a 2 weeks since her groom. Her curls are no longer existent. It makes me think my dog isn’t even a toy poodle anymore??? Will her curls come back?
FCE5EC42-83A1-4574-87A4-EE602B825DBA.jpeg
image.jpg

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Get her wet, it will come back. I would find another groomer as I really don’t think this one has any idea what to do with a poodle... She is still cute though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Dechi is right. If you spray mist your little girl with some water and let it dry naturally, her wavy, curly look will return, exactly as with curly human hair which has been straightened by blow drying.

I also agree that you might look for a groomer who has more experience with poodles. It's not necessarily easy to get a great trim on a wiggly puppy, especially if it's their first trim, but this trim is uneven and not very flattering in a poodley way, tho she is very cute:) . Did they give any feedback on how accepting she was of the process?

Reactions: Dechi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts