Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.... its just about done. Well, atleast for tonight. I need to finish the sides but then its done. Im not happy with the writing but its ok. Mine is the one on the left. The other one is what I was going to buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow! That is great! How much was the one you were going to buy? I bet you have made your own for a fraction of the cost!!! I like the poodle picture better on yours than then one you were going to get! xx

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
OMG JENN! Seriously they are almost identical, and I bet it cost you
less to make your own! It looks fab. did your husband draw the poodle?;):p

You did a GREAT job! I'm not happy with the way my signs writing turned
out either..:(

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think they look great but if y'all ever want to try lettering that's not freehand, there's an easy way. I used to make signs and have found one easy way is to print what you want on the computer. Pick the size and font, then lay it on the sign with a piece of transfer paper between. Use a pencil to trace over the lettering. This will give you something to go by when you apply the paint. I did this on a sign that we hung on our mailbox with our last name on it. Everyone thought it was professionally made.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think they look great but if y'all ever want to try lettering that's not freehand, there's an easy way. I used to make signs and have found one easy way is to print what you want on the computer. Pick the size and font, then lay it on the sign with a piece of transfer paper between. Use a pencil to trace over the lettering. This will give you something to go by when you apply the paint. I did this on a sign that we hung on our mailbox with our last name on it. Everyone thought it was professionally made.
Trying to get us to cheat, Curly?:p:D

Actually that is a fantastic idea, or maybe some letter stencils would work well?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. My husband made me do it all by myself. lol The letter idea is great. My lettering got to thick and Im really not pleased with it. But over all it I like it.

The lady was selling it out right for 35.00 or starting bid was 19.99. I bought the supplies at Michaels for just under 20.00. Now that I have some paint and brushes, next time it should be dirt cheap to do.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Thanks everyone. My husband made me do it all by myself. lol The letter idea is great. My lettering got to thick and Im really not pleased with it. But over all it I like it.

The lady was selling it out right for 35.00 or starting bid was 19.99. I bought the supplies at Michaels for just under 20.00. Now that I have some paint and brushes, next time it should be dirt cheap to do.
Well I don't think you needed your hubby's help! I was taken away by such
a fantastic job you did!:eek::D

Man, if I could make $35.00 for a sign, I'd run myself a little factory here in
my home selling them left and right...oh I want an ebay account soooo bad!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
EBAY Accounts are free and selling has gotten EASIER in the last 10 years.

I`m sure you could make an account and put some items up there quick.

-Todd

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
EBAY Accounts are free and selling has gotten EASIER in the last 10 years.

I`m sure you could make an account and put some items up there quick.

-Todd
I will talk to my mom about helping me out, the only thing is I'm going to
have to open a new bank account.

Thanks Todd!:D

·
Registered
81 Posts

You're right, now that you have the basic materials next time won't be nearly as much.

And Mercymoon...I love ebay! Couldn't be without it lol xx

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, Ive thought a little about maybe getting some signs together and selling them on ebay. I have a little advantage that my sister' dad own's the ebay store in town. He's always full of info and suggestions.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
I was going to cut poodle art out of metal on my machine but am in the middle of moving and no time :(
I was going to do magnets, wall decor, window lining, and even could do 4'x8' gates too :)

So much potential and so little time :(

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you have the time Todd please post pics of your work. Id love to see and possibly buy if you are planning on selling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts