Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poodle shares his hair products. We have Cowboy Magic shampoo and conditioner and I really love it for my hair and have been using it for over a year. I just recently purchased some Pethead
leave in conditioner for Bobby and thought I’d give it a try. It’s awesome on my hair! I have grey shoulder length curly hair which is fairly fragile and these animal products are quite nice. I have also used Musher’s Secret on dry cracked skin. It works quite well. Does anyone else have poodles that share? 😉

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Annie definitely shares.

I had a really sweet moment the other day... I was combing my hair, sitting on the couch. Annie hopped up, stuck her head on my knee (she normally sits on the other end). She seemed to say: 'Oh, yay, combing time. Comb me!' Well... I was actually using her comb since it had been sitting on the coffee table when I discovered that my hair was in an alarming state of snarls. I obliged her.

I occasionally use her shampoo if am finding my hair oily. I also stole Annie's pin brush. I didn't find it all that useful for her, but it works great for me, and feels really nice on the scalp.

Oh - and I have used Annie's clippers to give my dad haircuts. She said he could keep them, but unfortunately for her, they came home with me. I have used her shears on my mom, my grandma, and on me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep me too. I use Winnie's Cowboy Magic leave in conditioner and also her Pethead one. Better than any human product I have used. Pethead smells glorious too. Sometimes if I need a quick brush I will use her pin brush or comb.

·
Premium Member
13,260 Posts
Combs very frequently; scissors and mini-trimmer when I simply could not bear my hair straggling a moment longer. The round tipped paw scissors now live on the bathroom shelf as Poppy no longer needs them very often (her feet and ankles are nearly bald after a year on steroids) and they are very useful for trimming my fringe.

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep me too. I use Winnie's Cowboy Magic leave in conditioner and also her Pethead one. Better than any human product I have used. Pethead smells glorious too. Sometimes if I need a quick brush I will use her pin brush or comb.
Totally agree these products are better than the human products. I’ve tried different human shampoos and I always go back to “our” Cowboy Magic. My hair just does so well with it. I rarely use the shampoo with Bobby, usually only if I have to bathe dirty paws and legs. All the more for me!😉
We both use the leave in conditioners regularly as I use them before I brush him. Leave ins are so nice for “our” curly hair. Yes, the Pethead smells devine but doesn’t linger. I think a lot of human products stink as they are so heavily scented.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ruger shares his mini clippers with my hubby to clip his beard ;). And I have nice shears from my last dog that my husband is sure are his, so when I attempted to use them on Ruger my husband was not happy. Got new ones for Ruger to keep peace.
Will definitely try the shampoo - already placed order on Chewy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have always shared brushes with my dogs (shhhh don’t tell my mom) :)
Christ Christensen brushes went through my tangles like they didn’t exist when I first got them 8 years ago. But I threw them out because the pins kept disappearing. I just bought Madan brushes and they’re even better at getting tangled out with no pain. I use their leave in conditioners too.
I have to share my food and couch (and money) so I thought it’s only fair they share their hair care products :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts