Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, he will take a mouthful of kibble out of his dish, walk into the dining room and line the pieces up in a straight line on the floor and then eat each piece individually. Just what we needed, another family member with OCD :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Gorky is a funny eater. Most of the treats he goes for them, but when we try to feed him his meal he plays games with us that he doesn't like the food. Funny!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have gotten a lot of dogs to stop doing it to such a degree. There are 2 things the dogs LIKES...NO BOWL and carpet.

So provide a nice carpet square or low pile carpet (not too shaggy) and use something like a kitten saucer. Don't make the food deep, more like a single layer. The rear of the dog AND the bowl have to be on the carpet. It actually helps if you change feeding times as well. If you like to watch TV in the living room at night, feed your dog in the living room. I take their food upstairs in the bedroom.

In the morning, their main meal is hot. I NEVER lay down the bowls and then go upstairs to do my hair and make-up. no way,,,,,they would all follow me and the food gets cold. I sit with my coffee and watch some tv till they are done. They also have to eat out of very shallow Corelle bowls. I also have stainless pie pans...but they never eat out of a typical deeper dog dish with steeply sloped sides. They like very gradual sloped sided and they prefer the kitchen area rug..... Lots of clients tell me their dog does what yours does, takes a mouthful and carries it under the dining room table or something. Once they change bowls and provide a better surface for their little butts, all is well once again.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I have gotten a lot of dogs to stop doing it to such a degree. There are 2 things the dogs LIKES...NO BOWL and carpet.
Once they change bowls and provide a better surface for their little butts, all is well once again.
So that's why Beau always takes his yucky chicken parts out of the bowl in the tiled kitchen and carries them over to the rug in the family room to devour! :doh:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My sisters bichon does that to.
She fills her mouth with kibble then walk onto the carpet in the tv room and eats them one at a time although she does not line them up :p

I would love to see a video

·
Registered
49 Posts
Growing up we had a Mini Poodle that used to do this. She always had to eat her food on carpet and in those days, we used to feed that messy, canned food! Yuck, ruined a carpet or two!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts