Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a poodle that was born 2-2-10. She is a toy poodle, and was bought from a pet store. She bites like crazy. When I walk across the floor she is chasing me biting my legs, and she brings blood. I've smacked her backside and told her no, and I have to do that 4 or 5 times before she will stop. She only stops for a minute. She is vicious to be such a tiny dog. It isnt just me either, she bites my husband too. We cant even love on her without her biting.I thought it was her teething to begin with but now I dont think so. I dont know what to do anymore. My husband is talking about giving her away, I love the lil mean butt and dont want that to happen, but dont know what else to do. She has a vet appt in a week and Ill ask advice from him, but if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know what to do! Thanks for ANY advice anyone has.[/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lady the pet shop uses for his poodles lives in the next town, he gave me all her info. She was 8 weeks old when she was brought to the pet store for me to buy. She spent only a few hours at the store. We do give her chew toys to bite on instead of us, but she will leave the toy to bite us lol. The pet store gave her the shots she was due, we took her to the vet to get her checked out the next day, and the vet redone them because he said the pet store used "cheap" shots. The vet even give her chew toys, she chews on the sometimes, but if she sees our feet or us walking, she attacks. When I smack her its more or less a lil spat, I could NEVER hurt her, but I want her to know its wrong to bite. Like just now, She just attacked my feet as I sit here, and made one bleed. Ive only had one poodle before this one, and Candi, my other poodle was amazing. She would only bite when played with, but would never bite me for any reason. I dont want to give her up, like I said I love the lil mean butt. I just wonder what kind of life she had before we got her. She has a vet appt and they are going to give her the next round of shots, and I will ask him for some trainers, and advice also. Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what Syed, the pet store owner told me, but then he said he called the lady that breeds them and she told him Molly was almost 8 weeks. I have never bought a pet from a pet store before Molly, and I dont think Ill be doing it again because Ive caught him in several lies. I finally got her papers and it said she was born 2 2 10. If they are right she was almost 8 weeks old when I got her.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She gets plenty of exercise. I go to school all week, and my husband takes her outside and lets her run and play. We have to keep her on a leash but its a long leash. She tends to want to go to the road if not. She has lots of chew toys. Her vet gave her a cows hoof to gnaw on, she uses it but she has rather have flesh lol. I have got in the floor once and played with her, she was vicious with her biting, and made my arm bleed. We do put her in her little area when she acts up but it dont help. Im hoping within a few months she will calm down and stop the biting. My husband takes a wet wash cloth and rubs her teeth with it and she calms down for a moment but then she goes back at it. We went to sonic a few days ago, and this lady that brought us our food out about got attacked, and Ive never seen her do that before, she was really mad at her for some reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.