Poodle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I need to shop where you do. What a cute announcement of your new baby. So cute.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Congratulations!And I thought I was going to hear another story about toilet paper! Can’t wait to see more pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats!! ?? What size is he?

I can empathize with the winter pup housebreaking. I ran outside barefoot last night as I caught Snoop getting ready to squat and promptly regretted my decision to not get some shoes first. I want to keep a pair of shoes by the door but she’ll steal them when I’m not looking. ?

·
Super Moderator
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The little guy is a bright little pup. He is already playing fetch. Yesterday he was hauling around a stuffy almost as large as he. He discovered the squeaker and spent half an hour squeaking it. Pogo was a couple weeks later at both fetch and squeaker play. Today we found Galen a more manageable sized toy, and he was able to bring it back several times before losing interest.

·
Super Moderator
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congrats!! ?? What size is he?

I can empathize with the winter pup housebreaking. I ran outside barefoot last night as I caught Snoop getting ready to squat and promptly regretted my decision to not get some shoes first. I want to keep a pair of shoes by the door but she’ll steal them when I’m not looking. ?
He's just under seven pounds right now. I suspect he's going to end up a mid size spoo.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Winter housebreaking, no fun. But at least you’re close to the end,now it’s just mud season!

·
Super Moderator
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Does Galen like cuddles??
When he holds still long enough he does. Cuddling him yesterday was rather unpleasant, as he had peed all over his legs and belly. The smell ru bed off on my clothes. He got his first bath in my kitchen sink last night as a result. Much nicer to cuddle a floral scented puppy than a pee scented puppy.

·
Registered
763 Posts
When he holds still long enough he does. Cuddling him yesterday was rather unpleasant, as he had peed all over his legs and belly. The smell ru bed off on my clothes. He got his first bath in my kitchen sink last night as a result. Much nicer to cuddle a floral scented puppy than a pee scented puppy.
Ahhhhhhh! Oh, no!? Awwww? yeah!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I started looking for another puppy after Snarky died. Snarky's breeder has retired. I couldn't track down anyone breeding from the dam line. I did find two kennels plus some puppy mills still working with the stud line. However, the dogs didn't light my fire enough to want to travel long distance to get a pup.

I then looked through AKC listings and found a breeder local to me with a pup available.
I hadn't wanted black. Nor did I want a pup born in winter (adds a layer of complexity to housebreaking). However, the breeder met most of my other criteria, plus I didn't have to get on a plane to retrieve the puppy.

So far the pup seems like a good little guy. He's more socialized than Pogo was at his age. I wouldn't say Pogo was unsocialized, but he took a few days to decide we were his pack. This little guy is very comfortable with strange humans.
It's funny (the winter comment). I was so nervous about bringing my pup home in December (New Hampshire). I was sure it was going to make the housebreaking much harder but I have to say that in a lot of ways it was easier. He loved the snow and because of the cold/wet consistency I actually think it made him more apt to do his business. Congrats on the puppy. What little I can see of him in that picture he looks adorable

·
Super Moderator
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's funny (the winter comment). I was so nervous about bringing my pup home in December (New Hampshire). I was sure it was going to make the housebreaking much harder but I have to say that in a lot of ways it was easier. He loved the snow and because of the cold/wet consistency I actually think it made him more apt to do his business. Congrats on the puppy. What little I can see of him in that picture he looks adorable
Galen seems remarkably unbothered by our spring chill, other than the one night it got into the 20's and I took him out at 2 AM. Me, though, I don't do so well barefoot with no coat in raw weather.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
My puppy fever is raging also. I am supposed to go to Denver in 9 weeks, but because I may not be able to get there, I might just consider cancelling my flight and going to get a much wanted puppy with the refund lol!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts