Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to put these so I hope this thread is OK.

These are my three other entries into the print competition that won red ribbons in the above average category:

FAITH & HOPE - my nephew (Dianne's son), Joshua, who was nice enough to travel to my school for this shoot. He was in the Air Force Reserves and did two tours in Iraq.

PROWL - Since I do commercial work as well, I took this at the Cabela's store in Hartford, CT, where they have stunning displays of both US animals and exotics. I just loved this lion mount!

HARVEST

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice. I especially like the one of your nephew. Very moving. I can see why they were recognized. You do beautiful work. Maybe you'll be at a show where Guenna is & can get some shots for me. :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL work, love them all. Your one called "HARVEST" made me want to eat a hand full of grapes, they just seemed to pop right out at me. "PROWL" looks like a live shot, which I know wasn't, and "FAITH AND HOPE", the picture says it all. I'd like to say, "please thank your nephew for his wonderful service.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL work, love them all. Your one called "HARVEST" made me want to eat a hand full of grapes, they just seemed to pop right out at me. "PROWL" looks like a live shot, which I know wasn't, and "FAITH AND HOPE", the picture says it all. I'd like to say, "please thank your nephew for his wonderful service.
Thank you..I will be sure to pass this along.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Love all the photos especialy the first one :)

*wiggles eyebrows* sooooo your comming for special photo shoots to Fla riiiight ?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Those are awesome! I especially love the lion. At first I though, "Holy cow, she got that close to a live lion!" He really does look lifelike. I'm going to be going through DFW twice in late May, on my way to and from Louisiana. Maybe I'll be able to stop by Cabela's, I've never been. On a side note, I'm going to Monroe, LA and they have a small zoo. The lion exibit has one side made out of safety glass or something. I have pics that look like I'm standing right in front of the male.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love all the photos especialy the first one :)

*wiggles eyebrows* sooooo your comming for special photo shoots to Fla riiiight ?
Already mentioned to my husband and my sister. Definitely going to try to make it happen. Everyone cross your fingers. :dance:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are awesome! I especially love the lion. At first I though, "Holy cow, she got that close to a live lion!" He really does look lifelike. I'm going to be going through DFW twice in late May, on my way to and from Louisiana. Maybe I'll be able to stop by Cabela's, I've never been. On a side note, I'm going to Monroe, LA and they have a small zoo. The lion exibit has one side made out of safety glass or something. I have pics that look like I'm standing right in front of the male.
I have never had the pleasure of going to the Cabela's there. Is that where the flagship store is? That's really neat that you were able to photograph real lions behind glass. We don't have a zoo anywhere close to us.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm a ditz, I should've checked your local, LOL! I think the one in DFW is the flagship store, but I'm not sure. I don't why, but I honestly thought it was the only one. The closest zoo around here is about 6 hours away and the one in Monroe is 12. My brother lives there and he used to work at the zoo, so we go when I visit.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and I guess I need a little clarification. What is DFW? It's always nice to have a relative or friend to stay with when you want to go somewhere special.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DFW= Dallas, Forth Worth area. They've pretty much grown together and there are tons of suburbs that kind of run together too.
Well, duh! You would think I would have known that. My son and his family lived in Texas for several years and were stationed at Fort Hood. He was a Cobra Crew Chief and served in Mogadishu. I used to fly into DFW where they would pick my up and take me through the area. It was HUGE and with so many roads going everywhere that I was afraid to drive. They lived in Gainsville and then in another small community before being re-stationed.

Beautiful to see when flying in at night. Lights go out in all directions so that you can see the curve of the earth.

My son has moved to Virginia now as he is serving as a Chinook helicopter pilot and has to be near a base where they have the Chinook's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts