Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have 4 workhorse clippers that I alternate between. All are "about" the same price range - the Andis AGC Super 2, the Wahl KM2, the Andis AGCL lightening, and the Wahl Switchblade. I think the Super 2 would be the lightest of them all, but it's a matter of finding what fits your hand the best too. The Switchblade has a funny "hourglass" type shape to the handpiece and I love it and it's super powerful, but some groomers HATE the feel of it in their hands. You may be better off going to a grooming supply place and trying some in your hands.

But, if there are no retailers near you, I'd put my money on Andis Super 2.

You may also find that if you have a trimmer - i.e. Wahl Arco or Chromado or the Laube speedfeed to do the finer detail work, it'll help your wrists/arms as you don't have to manipulate the big bulky clipper into little areas. Much easier to manipulate a smaller, lightweight baby trimmer in those hard to reach areas. Keep the full-sized clippers for doing body work.

Also, check the height of your working area. If you keep your clipper fairly low on your body, then there is less arm fatigue. If you don't have a hydraulic or electric table, it may be wise to think about getting one if you are clipping with your arm really raised.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, I tried the purple Andis a couple years back and ahted them. The blade was very hard to change and they got so hot so fast, I may try the Wahl's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Oster A5 just quit about a month ago and I replaced it with the Wahl KM2 and could not be happier. Much lighter, fits my hand better, and the blades stay cooler than with my Oster.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Oster A5 just quit about a month ago and I replaced it with the Wahl KM2 and could not be happier. Much lighter, fits my hand better, and the blades stay cooler than with my Oster.
I ordered the KM2 and the wahl chromado cordless, they came today. I like the chromado (still love my tidbit for the toy feet) but did not like the KM2. I think that I just need to adjust to it. I groomed Bubbles tonight and she turned out beautiful and the blades did stay nice and kool. I have used the Oster so many years and the KM2 is a much different feel (it is about a half pound lighter as well). I am happy to hear you love yours. Did it take some time for you to adjust? It was a little awkward for me to hold.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 4 workhorse clippers that I alternate between. All are "about" the same price range - the Andis AGC Super 2, the Wahl KM2, the Andis AGCL lightening, and the Wahl Switchblade. I think the Super 2 would be the lightest of them all, but it's a matter of finding what fits your hand the best too. The Switchblade has a funny "hourglass" type shape to the handpiece and I love it and it's super powerful, but some groomers HATE the feel of it in their hands. You may be better off going to a grooming supply place and trying some in your hands.

But, if there are no retailers near you, I'd put my money on Andis Super 2.

You may also find that if you have a trimmer - i.e. Wahl Arco or Chromado or the Laube speedfeed to do the finer detail work, it'll help your wrists/arms as you don't have to manipulate the big bulky clipper into little areas. Much easier to manipulate a smaller, lightweight baby trimmer in those hard to reach areas. Keep the full-sized clippers for doing body work.

Also, check the height of your working area. If you keep your clipper fairly low on your body, then there is less arm fatigue. If you don't have a hydraulic or electric table, it may be wise to think about getting one if you are clipping with your arm really raised.
Have you seen these?
javascript:eek:penWindow('/catalog/product_popup.jsp?entityId=55675&entityType=product&templateType=1', 775, 850, 'scrollbars')

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the KM2 and the wahl chromado cordless, they came today. I like the chromado (still love my tidbit for the toy feet) but did not like the KM2. I think that I just need to adjust to it. I groomed Bubbles tonight and she turned out beautiful and the blades did stay nice and kool. I have used the Oster so many years and the KM2 is a much different feel (it is about a half pound lighter as well). I am happy to hear you love yours. Did it take some time for you to adjust? It was a little awkward for me to hold.
The KM2 does have a different feel that the Oster but I much preferred it from the start. I don't think it has the absolutely best feel but for the price it certainly works for me. I also have a SpeedFeed and I do like that one better to hold but that may be due to the fact it is cordless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts