Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tossed a tasty tid bit out when we posted what we got for Christmas well...

On December 15th I got a call from a woman wanting me to board her Poodle for her and I said well sure. I go and get the dog who she has to keep a leash on at all times in order to catcher her. Well the lady tells me that when she got her she came from a "breeder" and that the dog was in a very small 2 foot by 2 foot cage with two other Poodles her size. Well the lady had her for almost two months and she was so frightened I had to drag her out from under the ladies bad to pick her up. The lady told me she was eating table scraps because she would not touch dog food.

So to my house we came and she quickly adjusted to my pack and was SO excited to see other dogs, it was like seeing a totally different dog. By the end of the week we had her she was jumping on the couch, going outside to potty with the other dogs, playing and she even ate DOG food by her self!

So on the 22nd I took her back with a bag of dog food and freshly groomed. The lady asked how she did and I told her she was very happy. Well on Christmas morning I got a call from the lady asking me if I knew any one who wanted this dog and I quickly said I would take her.

So I go back and the lady tells me the dog has started messing all over her new floor and would not eat and she said she thinks she missed my dogs. I had brought Cher with me and as soon as this dog saw Cher, oh my, she was wagging her tail and was just so happy to see her! She even rode in my lap on the way home! She has been with me for almost three weeks now and has not messed in the house once, she crates with Tuesday and Cher at night, she will sit with me at night and even with my mom on her bed. She eats out of the auto feeder and plays and barks and is starting to act like a dog should act.

Just guessing but I think she is about 6 months old, I go back to the ladies house today to get some books and the dogs' "papers" so I'll see just where she came from and how old she is. Poor girl is still afraid of everything.

I am not totally sure I am going to keep her as my own but for now we are just trying to get her acclimated to being a dog and doing dog things as everything is new to her. If she ever gets to a place where she can be adopted and there is an awesome home available I will let her go but for now she is safe and happy with my pack :)

Her name is Honey, she is a cream Toy Poodle, she has nice feet but that's about it! She is very sweet, just scared.

This is the best picture I could get, all the others were of her running away!
:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sounds like Honey is very lucky to have found you, purpleppoodle! She looks sweet and hopefully she'll get over her fear quickly now that she's in a better environment.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Poor thing, I'm sure she'll be up to snuff with a person who
is passionate about this breed to take care of her and
love her, she will be a whole different dog in no time!

I think she is pretty. :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She is a cute girl. Thats great that the lady would call and offer her to you or a better home for her. Im glad she is happier at your home and has doggie friends. Dogs need doggie friends.....well usually. lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
She is gorgeous. I would be more worried that she wouldnt settle in another house cause she has bonded so well with you and your pack. Hopefully she goes to someone that has other poodles, as they say, poodles love poodles.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awww...she looks like she is happy in the picture. Good for you! Even if you don't keep her it sounds like she is much happier now than a month ago!

She looks like a cute girl...I am sure you are going to let her hair grow out, though, right? I assume she had to be shaved down due to matting from being in the small cage...poor girl!

I hope to see more pics of her as she settles in and figures out the camera means her no harm!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Lucky Honey :smile: I reckon our internet pack must have doubled since I joined this forum with all the new babies and rescues. It is amazing how many people get this breed and then just don't know or care to give them the attention and love they deserve :shot:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks y'all!

She is a sweet heart, she has found the gold mind known as the "cat litter box" so that's been fun! :doh:

I have a feeling she might stay here with us, she fits in just great and is no bother, other then a few things but we are working on them.

The lady I got her from is a very nice woman, she had a stroke and is wheelchair bound and could just not care for her properly. I was able to place one of my other foster dogs with her though and they are doing great together!

Haha I hope by 2010 to have my own Poodle and Cat rescue but I have a feeling I will end up keeping all the ones I take in! :madgrin:

Oh yeah I plan to let her coat grow and keep her in a modified puppy like my girl Cher.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thanks y'all!

She is a sweet heart, she has found the gold mind known as the "cat litter box" so that's been fun! :doh:

I have a feeling she might stay here with us, she fits in just great and is no bother, other then a few things but we are working on them.

The lady I got her from is a very nice woman, she had a stroke and is wheelchair bound and could just not care for her properly. I was able to place one of my other foster dogs with her though and they are doing great together!

Haha I hope by 2010 to have my own Poodle and Cat rescue but I have a feeling I will end up keeping all the ones I take in! :madgrin:

Oh yeah I plan to let her coat grow and keep her in a modified puppy like my girl Cher.

Have you posted pics of Cher before? I remember hearing about her but cannot place a pic.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

Oh gosh, that's the whole reason my hubby and I couldn't do it,
we would get attached and want to keep them all! LOL! :lol:

I would love to see a picture of Cher also! :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm, I may have posted once before with my other dogs but not by her self. Cher is lookin' rather scruffy at the moment but I'll clean her up and post some pictures ^_^ Some before and after pictures just because that's fun to do :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts